Beginners and Beyond

Why Isn't There a Tuesday Thread, Penguins???? (Read 34 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

I had a baby goat that had that once....infection was in its knee...Big grin

Groan!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

So DH left me a voicemail while I was in seminar.  It was sort of hard to hear, but I think the gist was a kidney infection.  He was on his way to pick her back up, so sounds like it's not a terrible thing.

Big grin

Hope so!  I know my friend's kitty stopped eating when she got a kidney infection.  she had to force feed her for months but it is recoverable.  Hope she feels better once the meds set in.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

HopesMom - I hope they are able to cure your sick kitty.  I don't blame you for being mad at DH; I would be too.  Maybe he wanted to wait until you could be there in case there was bad news?

Scotty - only you can get hit by a car and keep on running.  I'm glad you're all right.

Jack - she's beautiful and makes running look easy.  Nice.  I hope your 10 mile run went well.

Dave - I wouldn't mind running at night when it's hot, but on a cold morning - brrrr!

Damaris - I'm glad your husband is able to run again.  Are you running together again?  Enjoy your 9 this evening.

Z - I hope you get a run in this evening.

Jimmy - I'm glad your running is going well again.  Are your friends still running too, or is it just you?  Is your wife still running?

AFM:  I did 3 miles walk/run on the TM.  It's another beautiful day, but I didn't want to face the hills again so soon.  It will take a while to get my lungs back.

Ye.  At least for two of his three runs.  Which makes it hard when you are supposed to run more than 70 miles in one week!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I think I kicked Daniels' butt tonight :-)  I had 2 miles easy 4 time 12 minutes tempo with 2 minutes recovery followed by 2 miles easy.  I finished with 11 miles in 1 hour 30 minutes, and a 10K PR of 48:42...LOL

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Awood: That is a nice run. I look forward to reading your 3:50 marathon RR.  I am about to head out for my 10 mile tempo run, but it's still a bit warm; upper 80s now.

Docket_Rocket

My HMP whatevers went really well.  In this shitty weather, it was a miracle.

And whoever brags about their cold weather, I am going to fly that person here to run in 77DP.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I've never been to Florida.  71 degrees this evening.

And whoever brags about their cold weather, I am going to fly that person here to run in 77DP.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I think I can beat that Big grin

Awood: That is a nice run. I look forward to reading your 3:50 marathon RR.  I am about to head out for my 10 mile tempo run, but it's still a bit warm; upper 80s now.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Docket_Rocket

Don't get cocky, young padawans.  Marathons are a whole new ballgame.Big grin

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Yeah, but if I don't beat it this time, there will be others.

Don't get cocky, young padawans.  Marathons are a whole new ballgame.Big grin

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I'll have some hot coffee for you when you get to my aid station at CM.

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, but if I don't beat it this time, there will be others.

Tell me about it.  17 and counting. Big grin

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

For the record, I think you can beat that, but first marathons are weird.  Don't be disappointed if you do not.  Some are successful at pacing to GMP on their first, some are not.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Dad on the run.

Ginny - My friend's leg has been giving him a lot of issues. He did something to his calf. He told me the other day it was finally feeling a lot better and he plans on getting back out there once this week's inventory is done at his job. I'm not sure about his wife.

My wife is 9 weeks pregnant and really hasn't had the energy to get out there and run but she plans on starting back very very slow once she hits her second trimester.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Mmmmm...beer

Since I've had to run in 78DP here, can I brag about the cool weather? :P

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!