Beginners and Beyond

Up, up and awaaaay TuesDAILIES (Read 38 times)

LRB

Funny story out of Calgary of a dude flying in a lawn chair by way of 100 helium balloons attached to it, FFS.

"Daniel Boria, 26, told police he was planning on parachuting into the Calgary Stampede, a rodeo event, to promote his cleaning-products company. Mr Boria said he "somersaulted out the chair" and parachuted down to safety after the balloons took him too high."

Of course he was arrested, as apparently the police there have about as much sense of humor as they do here.

Best line; "The whereabouts of the garden chair are unknown, police chief Kyle Grant said. "  lol

Docket_Rocket

Oh, boy.

Morning!  I have 7-8 miles tonight, half on the TM, and I guess some with hubby as the sun goes down.

It is nice here at the office without Le Bitch in.  That is all.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Love the new puppy, Andrea!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

3x1600 w/600 recovery

6:48, 6:48, 6:35

It's been like forever since I got up at 5 to go run, but to run fast at lunch or in the evening today would not have been very easy, or smart.

The guy in the lawn chair, how was he supposed to pilot the chair? He would have been very lucky to end up in the correct spot at the correct altitude. Pretty crazy stuff. 

StepbyStep-SH

Short walk plus strength/PT exercises.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Cyberic

My favorite line:

"I did anticipate they would be a little upset," he said of the police reaction. "It's already worse than I thought it would be."

Little Blue

"mischief causing danger to life" ..   Who did he endanger besides himself?  Somehow it shouldn't be illegal to put yourself in peril if it isn't affecting anyone else.

I'm taking a rest day.  Back to work this afternoon.

happylily

I was sitting in a lawn chair looking down through the clouds at 747 airplanes and looking up to a cluster of helium balloons

Somehow, looking at 747 airplanes flying under me would make me feel a little uneasy...

About 8 or 9 miles after work. Hopefully it won't be as hot as last night.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Good morning, everyone!

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread with a chuckle. That poor, lost chair...

Damaris, have fun running.

Cyberic99, excellent intervals.

Shari, great working out.

Lily, have a pleasant run tonight.

I did 3.5 hilly miles on the TM. It worked out to an average hill grade of 5.0 or so. I finished with weights for my upper body, calves, and shins. More running and weights for my lower body tonight.

I finally understand the expression "hurts so good". I had some Graston work done on my neck, shoulders, lower back, and glutes. Ahh. I got some looks at the gym because of the red marks, but IDGAF. I feel awesome.

delicate flower

Hello and Tuesday, everyone!  I've got triathlon #3 tonight.  It is going to be a warm, humid, soupy mess.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

In case only one person seen it late last night 

This morning's workout was at the gym, Biceps, Triceps and Chest and Abdominals

Captain's Chair: 6 sets  of 12 reps

Standing Barbell Curls: 45lbsX12reps, 40lbsX15reps, 45lbsX12reps, 40lbsX15reps, 45lbsX12reps, 40lbsX15reps

Torso Rotation: 5 sets / 10 reps / 75 lbs

Triceps Dumbbell Kickbacks: 20lbsX8reps, 17.5lbsX12reps, 20lbsX8reps, 17.5lbsX12reps, 20lbsX8reps, 17.5lbsX12reps

Loaded Plate Incline Chest Press: 90lbsX10reps, 100lbsX8reps, 90lbsX10reps, 100lbsX8reps, 90lbsX10reps, 100lbsX8reps

Standing Rope Hammer Curls: 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 4 sets / 12 reps / 50 lbs

Standing Triceps Cable Pull Downs: 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps

Fly Delts: 75lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 75lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 75lbsX12reps

And meet our newest family member, Jetta.

Learned her history and why she is so thin, it seems her first 4 months haven't been too great Sad the two other dogs were very cruel to her and the owners didn't really take good care of her. When she was surrendered to Vom Blue Rescues, she had loads of fleas on her, tapeworms and other worms inside of her and was even thinner than what you see here Sad Poor girl, but all that misery is gone and can be forgotten because she is now in good hands and I will make damn sure to take care of her. She is actually very surprisingly calm for a 4 month old GSD, and already suspicious of others and aloof which means I really need to make sure I socialize her.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Hello and Tuesday, everyone!  I've got triathlon #3 tonight.  It is going to be a warm, humid, soupy mess.

Phil, why are those triathlons held during the week rather during the weekend? And wouldn't it be cooler in the early morning rather than the evening?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks Zel and D  we are very fond of her already, even the cats seem to tolerate her lol.

This morning begins my 2nd marathon training, with 5.2 miles in 79 degrees and 84% humidity... I was sweating just awful 

Then it was off to the gym for Shoulders & Delts.

Cable Face Pulls: 6 sets / 15 reps / 60 lbs
                            Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 17.5lbsX8reps, 15lbsX12reps, 17.5lbsX8reps, 15lbsX15reps, 17.5lbsX8reps, 15lbsX15reps
                            Converging Plate Loaded Overhead Press: 6 sets / 8 reps / 80 lbs
                            Barbell Upright Rows: 6 sets / 12 reps / 45 lbs
                            Rear Delts: 55lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 55lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 55lbsax12reps, 60lbsX8reps
                            Front Plate Raises: 5 sets / 20 reps / 35 lbs

During my hot bath later on, I had two guards watching over me... lol

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

They look like BFFs already!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Phil, why are those triathlons held during the week rather during the weekend? And wouldn't it be cooler in the early morning rather than the evening?

I think they are done mid-week so they don't compete with other races.  Seems like mid-week series are not that unusual.  There are two other mid-week triathlon series in the area, and I know of at least two running series.  Eh, no different than a softball or bowling league.  Smile

This series is a 10 race point series.  No prizes for individual races...only season-ending point standings.  The more races you do, the better your placement.  I'm signed up for five of them.  Area triathletes tend to use these as training.  Small races (200 or so people), but they attract a fast field.  I have no chance OA or in my AG.  Even my run is only good for about the top third OA.

<3