Beginners and Beyond

Fat Tuesday (Read 44 times)

LRB

Which is what it's gonna be if I eat like I did yesterday! That was weird.

Anyway, I am going jogging. I will let the wind determine the direction and distance...

What are your plans for today?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 7 tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

It's raining like a mofo here. I'll try to figure out when would be the best time for a run. But, coffee first.

StepbyStep-SH

Surprisingly, after 4 days of family vacationing (including 4 winery visits, more than one ice cream shop, and several good meals) and no running, my weight this morning was still in the same range it's been stuck in for the last year.

6.36 miles this morning, and today kicks off a 3-week challenge for myself: no sweets, no chips/junk, no alcohol. I will make an exception on the alcohol Friday because I've already made plans to join a friend for a glass of wine, but hope to stick with the rest of it until the end of the month and reset my eating habits. Because this weight range, while it's one I've been at for a while now, is not the one I want to be at, or the one I was in when I bought most of my current wardrobe.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Little Blue

RD.  Dentist this morning, and thunderstorm risk all day.  Nope nope nope.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!!

No run for me yesterday, had to go into work early and then the evening got crazy.  Had to come in early again today, but unless someone needs emergency medical attention, I'm running when I get home.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Hello, Dick and Jane Internet!  I treadmilled this morning, because rain is scary.  I had tempo intervals on the schedule.  5 x 5 minutes at tempo (6:35 pace...pushed it a bit) with 3 minute recoveries.  15 minute w/u, 5 minute c/d.  Total workout was 60 minutes, 8.34 miles, 7:13 pace.  And there you have it.  Time to hit the free office coffee, and they get Jet Fuel just for me.  <3

<3

LRB

Time to hit the free office coffee, and they get Jet Fuel just for me.  <3

I have always wanted to try that but never had it. Of course, at 180 mgs caffeine in a 8 ounce serving, my mainstay Pike Place Roast could probably power a ballistic missile. lol

delicate flower

I have always wanted to try that but never had it. Of course, at 180 mgs caffeine in a 8 ounce serving, my mainstay Pike Place Roast could probably power a ballistic missile. lol

I have been unable to find the caffeine content of the Jet Fuel.  All I know is that it packs a punch.

<3

LRB

I have been unable to find the caffeine content of the Jet Fuel.  All I know is that it packs a punch.

I don't think my office (or the internet for that matter) could handle me on that. I pack a wallop on my own!

Docket_Rocket

Hello, Dick and Jane Internet!  I treadmilled this morning, because rain is scary.  I had tempo intervals on the schedule.  5 x 5 minutes at tempo (6:35 pace...pushed it a bit) with 3 minute recoveries.  15 minute w/u, 5 minute c/d.  Total workout was 60 minutes, 8.34 miles, 7:13 pace.  And there you have it.  Time to hit the free office coffee, and they get Jet Fuel just for me.  <3

Never accept Cuban coffee.  That is all.  If you think that your coffee is strong, sheesh.

It only comes in 1oz glasses, that is how strong it is. They serve it at 3pm here.  It cures migraines.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Never accept Cuban coffee.  That is all.  If you think that your coffee is strong, sheesh.

It only comes in 1oz glasses, that is how strong it is. They serve it at 3pm here.  It cures migraines.

Sounds like Turkish coffee here; ZING!

Mmmmm...beer

Need some advice.

Looking at my long term schedule and I'm not sure what I want to do with the spring.  I'm going to run Shamrock again, but I don't know if I want to just do the marathon and try for sub-3, or do the King Neptune's challenge (8k on Sat, then the half and the full back to back on Sunday, you have to finish the half in under 1:50 to be able to start the marathon on time).  The distance challenge is intriguing, but I think I want the sub-3 more.  My concern is that there are only 13 weeks between my 50k in Dec and Shamrock in March.  Take away time for recovery and then tapering, and I'm only looking at 8-9 weeks of quality training.  But I'm also thinking that if I roll into the 50k in tip-top shape and at a good race weight, and then maintain my fitness and weight through to Shamrock, that it would be feasible.

Yeah, I know, I have pretty much already talked myself into it, but I always appreciate input. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

bluerun

Super B****

It's raining.  A lot.  I will be able to swim in the streets instead of a pool tonight.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Need some advice.

Looking at my long term schedule and I'm not sure what I want to do with the spring.  I'm going to run Shamrock again, but I don't know if I want to just do the marathon and try for sub-3, or do the King Neptune's challenge (8k on Sat, then the half and the full back to back on Sunday, you have to finish the half in under 1:50 to be able to start the marathon on time).  The distance challenge is intriguing, but I think I want the sub-3 more.  My concern is that there are only 13 weeks between my 50k in Dec and Shamrock in March.  Take away time for recovery and then tapering, and I'm only looking at 8-9 weeks of quality training.  But I'm also thinking that if I roll into the 50k in tip-top shape and at a good race weight, and then maintain my fitness and weight through to Shamrock, that it would be feasible.

Yeah, I know, I have pretty much already talked myself into it, but I always appreciate input. Smile

I think you can do a successful 10 week plan for the sub 3.  Maybe a 12 week plan, depending on how you recover from the 50K.

Damaris

Fundraising Page