Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins need to file their taxes! (Read 27 times)

hog4life

Mitch - We are game for the Cotton Row 10k! I will be registering this week! As of now, we have 1 race for this month and 2 for next. We will also be doing the Liz Hurley again this year and I hope to run the Huntsville Half.

Woohoo!!!! I'm already registered for the 10k, and was thinking about doing the 5k as well. Is everyone doing the 10k?

Dad on the run.

Just Ashley and myself. I think Bob and Mel are going to run it as well but they will just do the 5k.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Bin Running

Vance, new shoes is always something to celebrate..

Hopesmom, read that turning too much on track is bad. Is there a chance for you to run the other direction sometimes?

Gustav, we paid pretty low tax on a global standard I believe.. But we had to pay 7% consumer taxes on everything and we had an almost non-existence welfare system.. Tongue Way to score a new short.. haa

Scotty, 2 weeks out of the cell block.. haaa.. 2 weeks of mandantory leave.. it's a compliance things..

Kristin, 2 races next weekend.. take it easy, tiger..

Bill, Can't wait to see that photo.. Great job on the race, going below your race pace..

Margo, hello..Enjoy the 8M..

Jack, I am planning a comeback with the end May HM in mind.. Feeling much better today.. 90% not sore now.. hee..

Mitch, Sorry abt the night shift.. Enjoy the RD..

Ginny, why are pple leaving CA, if you dun mind me asking? Taxes or weather? Leaving on Friday midnight for abt 9 days.. Big grin

Jimmy, 4500? Ouch! Those guys could probably work some magic.. Way to score some mom's company and points.. Run can wait..

Coralie, How's recovery? You are coming back this week, right?

Jerry, Can't wait to see how you do on your 1st HM... It's gonna be special.

Mel, waiting to see how your 1st HM goes too.. I have a feeling you will do mighty great with that pfitz followed to a T.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Hearing all of you talking about your taxes, makes me think we should start filling ours.  Eventually.

Florida also has no state income tax.  But our property taxes are high.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

I did a little tune up run with a friend while DD was in the pool. We did six miles on the track at fast and easy paces with some strides at the end. I have a 5k on Saturday and I am feeling good. No more Achilles pain so I am going to go for it. I have no idea what my goal is other than to PR.

GinnyinPA

Jack - is the 5k race at the track?  Will you be running with the horses?  Have fun.

Bin - yes, California has very high taxes and a bankrupt government.  Weather is gorgeous and the scenery can be spectacular, when the smog allows you to see it, but the state has some real problems.  I lived there for a few years, and have no desire to live there again.

Mitch and Jimmy - another FE!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Bin: everything Ginny said is correct, but the smog is much better. When we were kids we could rarely play outside in the summer, it was so bad. Now, we are paying $4.00 for gas and there is little smog. They also like to tax everything. In fact, there is even talk of an extra tax on mattresses, and that is after the 9.25% sales tax.

Ginny: Where in CA did you live? Someday we will leave, but not until the kids are done with school.

GinnyinPA

Jack - I went to school in LA, in the 70's, (Occidental), then lived in San Francisco 1989-93.  I hiked the PCT in 2000, and sections in 2009 and 2010.  I didn't think the smog was much better then.

Billd - sounds like a nice way to start your workday.  Do you have showers at work?  Agreed on the tax bill.  We'll pay our school taxes some time this month.

Yeah, its a military base, we have three gyms and my office has a separate locker room with showers.