Beginners and Beyond

There is no easy way to say it so I'll just be blunt: MonDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

Yo.

I had planned to run this morning, but decided that sitting on my rump for an hour before the madness of the workweek commences was a better idea.

You?

Yo.

I had planned to run this morning, but decided that sitting on my rump for an hour before the madness of the workweek commences was a better idea.

You?

Ha Ha  Love it

Legs were feeling a bit heavy this morning but I got an easy 7 done. 8:37 avg pace. Got to pace the milers last night at the kids running series event. Had a great time. Ate a huge bowl of chili before going there...glad I didn't poop myself or get a cramp.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning all. I hope everyone had a nice weekend of running and racing. I haven't had a chance to read through yet, but I'll look back and see what all went down (probably tomorrow because Monday is pretty rough for me).

KY Derby marathon weekend was good. The girl that I was pacing got a 2 minute PR, so I felt really good about that. The course was definitely a PR course, at least for the half. I did hear that the full course got a little more challenging on the back end, which I'm sure Docket could attest to.

Didn't end up doing a second run in KY, but ran 7+ after getting out of the car last night. More tapering for me this week, so probably about 6 miles tonight after work.

Enjoy your runs!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

delicate flower

Hey.  Today certainly has that Monday feel to it.  I am hoping at some point today I will wake up.  I swam 2500 yards before work, and it was more like going through the motions than anything.  But it's done.  Easy run later.

<3

Zero.

233 miles for the month.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

5.1 for my first post-Boston run to confirm that I am fat, slow, and out of shape and should probably retire to some Caribbean island because I am a much happier person when I can dive every day.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Baboon, that 10k time is way impressive!

I ran 10.1 miles on another beautiful morning.  I wasn't planning on that much, after the weekend's ride and run miles, but the legs felt pretty good.  That's 129 running, and 590 on the bike for the month. I am satisfyingly fatigued, but not too overdone.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Good morning all. I hope everyone had a nice weekend of running and racing. I haven't had a chance to read through yet, but I'll look back and see what all went down (probably tomorrow because Monday is pretty rough for me).

KY Derby marathon weekend was good. The girl that I was pacing got a 2 minute PR, so I felt really good about that. The course was definitely a PR course, at least for the half. I did hear that the full course got a little more challenging on the back end, which I'm sure Docket could attest to.

Didn't end up doing a second run in KY, but ran 7+ after getting out of the car last night. More tapering for me this week, so probably about 6 miles tonight after work.

Enjoy your runs!

Yeah, my husband said the HM course was flat and the first 8+ miles of the full were.  Unfortunately, the rest of the miles were not, lol.

I uploaded the elevation for it and it's a bit hillier than the San Francisco Marathon 

I have Pilates tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

RD for me. My right Achilles is feeling all the running I'm doing in 5mm drop lately, so I'm gonna give it a RD.

That way, I think I'm smart.

KCRuns

Good morning!  I am tired today, a road trip will really take it out of you.  I'm surprisingly not sore at all from all those hills.  I think all the walking around town we did after the race Saturday night and Sunday morning really helped.  I need to remember that for the next race instead of going home and sitting down to rest.

I have 3-4 miles tonight with my Monday group.

Good morning!  I am tired today, a road trip will really take it out of you.  I'm surprisingly not sore at all from all those hills.  I think all the walking around town we did after the race Saturday night and Sunday morning really helped.  I need to remember that for the next race instead of going home and sitting down to rest.

I have 3-4 miles tonight with my Monday group.

So you're saying sitting in a car for 6 hours like I did immediately post-race is not the best recovery technique? Who knew.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

This is totally not a running-related question but I am indecisive enough that I ask the general public such things...

Look what my dive camera did.  (Caused me to miss out on some amazing photos and I'm still pissed, but at least it happened on the last day of my trip instead of the first.)

This is actually a replacement for the original, which I bought in August of 2017, which means two have gone kaput in less than a year, and I'm sick of it, so I am upgrading.

I've narrowed it down to the Nikon COOLPIX W300 and the Olympus Tough TG-5.  I was leaning towards the former because it's $100 cheaper and waterproof to 100 feet, whereas the latter is only waterproof to 50 feet, so I'd need to get an additional housing, which would be another $300.  (And then I'd be able to add a red filter, which I do want as an option.)

And then I started leaning towards the TG-5 because if I have that in a housing (rated to 200 feet), that means two things would have to fail at the same time in order for the camera to flood.  Statistically speaking, what are the odds of that happening?! ... but if it does flood, I'd rather be out $350 than $750.

<<end stream of consciousness>>

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

sdWhiskers

So you're saying sitting in a car for 6 hours like I did immediately post-race is not the best recovery technique? Who knew.

Years ago, DH and I did a race at Disney then planned to spend the rest of the day at one of the water parks. It never occurred to us until we got to the park that we would be spending the entire day walking up steps, haha   That was a rough afternoon.

Years ago, DH and I did a race at Disney then planned to spend the rest of the day at one of the water parks. It never occurred to us until we got to the park that we would be spending the entire day walking up steps, haha   That was a rough afternoon.

I would have spent the entire day floating in the lazy river.

Dave

delicate flower

Found this pic on the facebook while trying to figure out wtf is happening with awards from yesterday's race.  That's me in the grey shirt.  Heh.  GARMINS READY!  The guy with the big hair won.  The results show your age grade and it's the highest I've ever gotten (74.14).

<3