Beginners and Beyond

Rise and shine Sundailies! (Read 44 times)

delicate flower

No running on the schedule today, but I do get to ride my bike for 30 miles.  I am very much looking forward to that.  Plus, it's my only workout of the day, snapping my streak of six days with multiple workouts.  HOORAY!  DW and I began our destruction of the pecan pie last night.  Pie won just tastes extra sweet.

Good luck to Lauren710 and workinprogress with their races today!

What u got!

<3

LRB

It would appear that I drank one too many beers last night, OOF.

onemile

Good luck WorkinProgress!

Run smart Lauren!

SRD for me.  I am sore.

Mmmmm...beer

Wow, so many races yesterday!  Great job onemile, Ric, Babs, FS, Step!!  Sorry if I missed anyone, there was a lot to go through in yesterday's thread! lol

LRB, sorry to hear it didn't go well, hope you can get healthy and back on track soon.

I had a good time at the Paris Mtn 16k yesterday.  Trails were muddy, wet leaves covering sharp rocks, all kinds of fun.  Oh, and I couldn't see for about 3 miles in the middle!  Got sweat in my eyes and my contacts got blurry, lost a good amount of time there, had to slow way down over the rocks so I didn't break an ankle.  But once my vision cleared, I took off, and it cleared up right before the downhill, my favorite part!  Managed a 1:37:08, 2nd AG and 8th overall, not bad for what I wouldn't consider a full race effort.  I had to keep my had up high on my head for visibility, but that meant that it wasn't keeping the sweat out of my eyes, gonna have to just get a regular headband for these trails.

Forgot to add the most important part, I didn't fall!! Yay! Smile

My relay on the 21st is on the same trails (couple of harder loops added on for even more fun!).  With a better sweat solution, I should be able to do pretty good, I'm thinking sub-2 might be doable.

Heading out for 20+, hope everyone has a great weekend!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I was really hoping to sleep in, but apparently Dorian is dealing with growing pains of some kind and woke me up early.

I've got plans to run today, but probably later this evening with the dogs out on the trails. I'll try for anywhere between 5-9 miles, I think I am finally feeling those hills yesterday.

Good luck to Lauren710 and workinprogress!!

Dave, thanks and glad you didn't fall on those trails and still got 2nd AG Smile

Rick, do you need a hug  ?

Onemile, of course you're sore, you kicked some major ass yesterday Smile

Oh and they got a pic of me at the finish Smile A floater!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Rick, do you need a hug  ?

No I'm fine but thanks. I'll take a bottle of wine though. lol

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

5.5 slow and easy for me this morning.  I don't feel as ass-kicked as I expected.

Good luck Lauren and workinprogress!

Congrats D2 on the AG placement and not breaking your ankle.

LRB, if there was ever a night to have too many beers, you probably picked it.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No I'm fine but thanks. I'll take a bottle of wine though. lol

Lol, I don't gift wine so what about some hard cider?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I better run today.  Mental break is over.

Good luck, Lauren and WIP!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

Good luck to the racers today!

My ass is really sore this morning......must be the fall I took yesterday, lol. I should probably try to do a few miles, I'll take Bella and plan to walk a little as long as she don't try to drag meall over the county.

LRB

Lol, I don't gift wine so what about some hard cider?

Are you one of those people who get others what you want them to have, instead of what they want?

LRB

Good luck to the racers today!

My ass is really sore this morning......must be the fall I took yesterday, lol. I should probably try to do a few miles, I'll take Bella and plan to walk a little as long as she don't try to drag meall over the county.

It's amazing to me that you are able to run that far so soon after a marathon, and on trails no less. You totally rock!

Ric-G

good luck to those racing today'

nice job D2

i am more sore today than in years...weird, funny, stupid - yes. i only see dog walks on the horizon, no running. will have some coffee now as i am not going out for a run...have a great sunday everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

Little Blue

6 miles this morning in a chilly, gusty wind.  The leaves collected on the sidewalks really mask the uneven pavement and the acorns.  A couple of close calls, and one balance test.  No permanent injuries.

I'd say good luck to the racers, but they're probably done by now. So .. good job!!

LRB

Powerade, unused chop sticks (FFS), coconut juice, a container of dates, banana peels, a partially eaten bagel, multiple water bottles, an empty container of Chinese fried rice, a candy bar wrapper.

#thingsfoundinarunnerscarthedayafteramarathon