Beginners and Beyond

Boom, Boom, Boom FriDAILIES! (Read 35 times)

happylily

200 sit-ups done, 30 minutes arms, 5 miles at recovery, 8:48. I will do another 20-30 minutes of light lifting later today, before my second run.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Is it the shoes? Money, it's gotta be the shoes!! (Who remembers this guy?)

What up doe Mars Blackmon!

5 miles done with one of them at mile pace.  It was 59 degrees.

delicate flower

DaveP, Happy 18th to the kiddo!

Brr, nice racing!

Track workout done.  Not great but I did what I could do.  Running intervals in these weather conditions is tough.  Anyway, I did 4 x 400m (6:52, 6:57, 6:46, 6:46) with 200m recoveries, then an easy mile, then 4 x 400m (6:59, 7:09, 7:08, 7:16) scattered about the rest of the run when I felt like I could squeeze one out.  Ugly.  7.25 miles total at 7:51 avg pace.   Hopefully I'll start to get better at these instead of worse.

<3

Also, after my run I made my daughter pancakes, since she was up. When they were done, she was back asleep. So I ate them. Dad of the year!

Dave

LRB

Also, after my run I made my daughter pancakes, since she was up. When they were done, she was back asleep. So I ate them. Dad of the year!

Hilarious!

Tough workout Boon, ugh.  You will remember these days though when you make it big!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Blah 5k.   Just didn't feel it, high slow mileage is making itself known in my 5k time.

tired legs tons of endurance :  1st - 40-44

19:10   Blah

happylily

Blah 5k.   Just didn't feel it, high slow mileage is making itself known in my 5k time.

That's me for the last 4 years. Tons of endurance, zero speed. Except you finished 1st in your AG. So why are you complaining? Consider you did great in that 5k, in the midst of marathon training. Congratulations!

Docket_Rocket

Nice job, Andrew!

Biked to Pilates and back.  96F does not feel that bad on the bike.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

It is also the added mileage, not necessarily that you have gotten slower.  You are hitting the miles pretty heavy and it's hard to perform in the middle of training.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Just didn't feel it

I know how those days are!

And high mileage is not necessarily a bad thing for racing if you can get a good lil taper in there for two days maybe.

1st - 40-44

Looks pretty good to me!

Dave

B-Plus

200 sit-ups done, 30 minutes arms, 5 miles at recovery, 8:48. I will do another 20-30 minutes of light lifting later today, before my second run.

Wow! Channeling your inner Basya?

happylily

Wow! Channeling your inner Basya?

LOL

Yes! She's my inspiration. 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

5k is done. 20:44. Not what I had in mind but it was OK. It was so damn hot and the race didn't start until 8:00, which was annoying. I did a three mile warm up with 1200m at 7:00 pace, some stretching and then three strides. My splits were 6:29, 6:27, 6:56, and the last bit was 6:33. Yes, mile 3 had a good hill in it that kicked my butt. After the hill I was able to kick to the finish. This was the first time I actually felt sick after a race. It felt like I was going to pass out or puke, or both. I blame the heat. Even after a tough marathon I felt ok. Today, no. I found a shady spot and sat down. I drank two bottles of water, ate a banana, and just felt like crap. Even driving home, DD said, "You look tired, Daddy." I probably went out too fast and the start was also uphill. I am still trying to figure out how to run 5ks, I guess. Eh, it's experience.

Time for beer and World Cup.

Happy 4th, Dailies.

LRB

My splits were 6:29, 6:27, 6:56

Man those first two splits look delectable!  Your sub-20:00 is all but a formality, the only question will be how far past it you go!