Beginners and Beyond

What the FriDAILIES (Read 34 times)

RunningOnSand

Good morning, folks! I got 6 in a bit. What have you got on tap for today?

bluerun

Super B****

15 on the trainer... I am so tired I could puke.  Does anyone else feel sick from eating after running fast, or is that just me??  I do it anyway because I know I "should," but man, it's miserable.  Didn't help that I had to drive somewhere with my brother afterwards and he drives... well... like me.  It's just a lot more bearable when you're the one behind the wheel.

Last night I had to choose between running a heat and coming in at the very back, or running the next one and leading.  I do not like to lead, so I ran the first one, in 6:13 (which is okay, I guess, since I'd predicted 6:15), and then I ended up running the second heat too, but with someone who wanted to run 7:00.  And then I somehow found myself on a team for a 10x400 relay, so I ran two legs of that.  If I could run that pace for two more laps, without a break in between, it would be lovely.

Can I go back to bed now?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

What have you got on tap for today?

I got tapped with another craptastic run. lol

Cyberic

Lungs are still congested af, but the 2 days off running helped with the overall fatigue. RCD.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

15 on the trainer... I am so tired I could puke.  Does anyone else feel sick from eating after running fast, or is that just me??  I do it anyway because I know I "should," but man, it's miserable. 

It's very hard for me to eat after a race.  I know I should eat, but my stomach just doesn't want it.  6:13 isn't a shabby time at all for how warm it was last night and how you've been feeling.  I'd take that as a win.  I've got nothing regarding sleep.  Feeling a bit fatigued myself.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

LRB

Last night I had to choose between running a heat and coming in at the very back, or running the next one and leading. 

That's a pretty impressive night. I'd say you've earned some good vibes for this weekend's Shabbat, but it's you, which likely means you've found something you didn't like about those outstanding performances. Big grin

Great job!

I hate being a passenger in a car anymore. I can't even remember the last time I was, and don't foresee me ever doing it again. lol

Cyberic

I can't eat right after a race. The longer the race, the longer it takes for my apetite to come back. After a marathon, the rest of the day I eat less than I normally do. Next day I'm ok.

bluerun

Super B****

It's very hard for me to eat after a race.  I know I should eat, but my stomach just doesn't want it.  6:13 isn't a shabby time at all for how warm it was last night and how you've been feeling.  I'd take that as a win.  I've got nothing regarding sleep.  Feeling a bit fatigued myself.

Yeah, sometimes I try smoothies because I think liquids will be easier, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.  The wind was more of a factor for me than the heat -- and of course, it was stronger for the first mile!  I'm told it's always windy there, but the only other time I've been to Randall's Island is for the Tracktown 5K last year (which was craptastic [for me]), so what do I know...

That's a pretty impressive night. I'd say you've earned some good vibes for this weekend's Shabbat, but it's you, which likely means you've found something you didn't like about those outstanding performances. Big grin

Great job!

I hate being a passenger in a car anymore. I can't even remember the last time I was, and don't foresee me ever doing it again. lol

Good vibes?  I just want to sleep for twelve hours straight and I'll be happy!  I'm not actually disappointed because I didn't expect anything different, and hey, I wasn't even last in the first heat!  (I was second to last.  Because the person I was supposed to be following, whose goal was sub-6, went out too fast and finished nine seconds behind me.)

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

My lungs are still congested as well (since Martha's Vineyard, FFS) and to top it off, I didn't take my Symbicort this morning, yay.  But the congestion is almost gone, just in time for my next marathon.

Sigh.  I have Pilates and 7 tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

I can't eat right after a race. The longer the race, the longer it takes for my apetite to come back. After a marathon, the rest of the day I eat less than I normally do. Next day I'm ok.

I'm okay with waiting a little longer after a marathon because those are in the morning.  But in evening races, the longer I wait, the later I'll be awake because I absolutely cannot go to bed right after I eat -- if I thought I felt sick before, this would take it to a whole new level.  Things like this are why eating is more trouble than it's worth.

chasing the impossible

delicate flower

'Friday!  4200 yard swim done.  2.4 miles.  Ironman distance.  And 17 minutes faster than my one Ironman swim.  Heh.  That felt like a workout.  Run later!

<3

Cyberic

eating is more trouble than it's worth.

Some would disagree 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

SIAM - You might be en route, but Good Luck in tomorrow's Highlands Sky 40!!!  Takes some pics, but not of you rolling down the mountain. 

3/17 - NYC Half

Cyberic

SIAM - You might be en route, but Good Luck in tomorrow's Highlands Sky 40!!!  Takes some pics, but not of you rolling down the mountain. 

Yeah, videos are better for that

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Yeah, videos are better for that

3/17 - NYC Half