Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun 🍔 (Read 36 times)

LRB

I ran 8.

It was another slow one but my legs feel like they are finally coming back around, just in time to get pummeled again this weekend.

Word.

Docket_Rocket

I have 6.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

10 trainer miles + 3.6 miles outside. I'm so tired I could cry.

Planning to do a 30K this weekend, but I'm not registered yet because A. I love race day registration, and B. I want to make sure I actually have a new tire first.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

2.5 mile bowl hills, left and right road crown. Down left tilt to work/stretch the inside ham harder; up right tilt with bits of gutter to work the middle ham.  Still recovering from Wednesday’s PAINFUL PT.

Note: I’ve never been able to feel the individual hams in the left leg but still can feel the individual hams in the right.
          Knock on wood double whopper with cheese run tomorrow 😀

Cyberic

Yo,

Was going to try my ankle with some intensity this week, but I let work and life get in the way. So unlike me. I think I'm getting soft. Maybe tomorrow.

On another note, after 6 years on this forum, I still don't understand fully the context in which you guys use "Word". I just don't get it. I thought it was some equivalent of a "+1" when a comment was quoted and "Word" was added, but now LRB used "Word" for his own comment. I just don't get it, it seems.

bluerun

Super B****

Yo,

Was going to try my ankle with some intensity this week, but I let work and life get in the way. So unlike me. I think I'm getting soft. Maybe tomorrow.

On another note, after 6 years on this forum, I still don't understand fully the context in which you guys use "Word". I just don't get it. I thought it was some equivalent of a "+1" when a comment was quoted and "Word" was added, but now LRB used "Word" for his own comment. I just don't get it, it seems.

He's agreeing with his own statement. Akin to someone liking their own Facebook post, I guess.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

ran 4 and change.  Did some other stuff, and at work on time for  a change. glad it's Friday...

LRB - love the title and it's making me hungry!

Cyberic

He's agreeing with his own statement. Akin to someone liking their own Facebook post, I guess.

So it is some equivalent of a thumbs up, a like, a kudos...

delicate flower

In this context, the use of the word "word" implies LRB's satisfaction and acceptance with his immediate state of being, as well as him opening the thread up for further discussion amongst his forum peers.  Also, your understanding of the use of the phrase as quoted above is correct.

<3

Cyberic

In this context, the use of the word "word" implies LRB's satisfaction and acceptance with his immediate state of being, as well as him opening the thread up for further discussion amongst his forum peers.  Also, your understanding of the use of the phrase as quoted above is correct.

Ok. Kind of a multi-purpose word.

Yo,

There’s English, and then there’s LRB. Seldom the twain shall meet. (Don’t try to understand that.)

10ish miles with the Friday running group.

Dave

delicate flower

Oh, I ran 5.8 easy miles on the track before work.  Tired legs from yesterday's 14ish miles of nutty shenanigans.

<3

Cyberic

There’s English, and then there’s LRB.

Word.

LRB

LRB

Far be it for me however, to take credit for something I did not create. Scrape. was the first person to word himself back in this groups infancy. When he did it I was like, dude, did you just word yourself?? It was both smooth and cool, so the proper credit goes to him.