Beginners and Beyond

I ran today! (Read 148 times)

Woot!

Mmmmm...beer

A lil late to the party, but, woohoo!!!! Smile  Glad to see you back at it.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Congrats!

It will come back, 13 year ACL post op here and zero knee issues.

Take rehab seriously and running recovery slowly.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

That's awesome, Phil!  I somehow missed this thread until today, but I'm glad that you're easing back into action!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Better I Leave

Today I ran 3.75 miles in 42 minutes on the treadmill....

I missed this initial post, my apologies Phil. Good job on that buddy. I'm kinda in the same boat with the run/walk thing as I'm still recovering from this hernia surgery. Keep at it my brother. Smile

delicate flower

Thanks, guys!!  Smile

I'll be doing the run/walk thing for at least another month, I'm guessing.  I'll gradually add distance and a little speed.  I'll probably peak at marathon pace (8:40ish) and keep it there for a while until I start to feel stronger.  I should be able to start running some faster miles come July.  For now though, it'll be shorter runs, no back-to-back days, lots of cross training, lots of ice.  I'm still not mentally ready to try an outside run.  Honestly, I am a little scared to.  I feel good on the treadmill and don't want to mess that up.  My knee has felt great so far on those treadmill runs.  Maybe next week I'll try to run outside, but I'm not going to force it and I'll try when I'm ready.

<3

bobruns

Great news!...enjoy... (but take it easy...)

PsychRunning

Dr. Love and I approve of this thread. Welcome back and thanks for the good news.