Beginners and Beyond

Longest with out eating and then running (Read 33 times)

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I am a morning runner so most days 7-8 hours.

The last 2 days I didn't run till afternoon and so it was 12-13 hours.

This was not planned.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

LRB

I am the same Monday through Friday. On the weekend however, I'll crash when I run later in the morning without eating. I'm not talking about just feeling weak either. I'm talking about hitting the wall head on, light-headed and almost unable to remain upright crash.

Cyberic

I used to do that, but I now prefer feeding lightly before my runs. 1 coffee and 1-2 slices of bread (toast) is all, just to break the fast. I'm ready to go 20 minutes later. I don't fuel on my runs, though. Today was a 20 miler with nothing but a few sips of water.

"Without" is one word.

The last 2 days I didn't run till afternoon and so it was 12-13 hours.

I'm not sure I understand your schedule. When do you eat, and when do you run?

Every weekday, I run in the morning before eating. But that makes it ~10-11 hours between finishing dinner (7:00-7:30) and starting my run (5:30-6:00). And it works out fine. Although I do have 16 oz. of coffee before my run.

If I was going to skip my morning run to go later, I'd eat breakfast.

Dave

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

most nights i have A glass of milk an a snack around 11 p m. and start running around 7 15. a m

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Looks like you are running 4-5 miles, which is short enough that you shouldn't have to worry about it.

But personally, I'll never go till lunchtime without eating, whether I'm running or not.

Dave