Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies - 25% bonus humidity at the same low price! (Read 37 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 7 easy miles.  I sure notice the heat and humidity when running.  It was 72 with a 70DP at 4AM.  It's not Miami, thank you baby jesus.  Tomorrow is interval day, and I'm excited again, but in a dreadful way.

Have a non-suck Monday!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Been at the office too long already, seems like.  I read the time the thread opened and I was like, is it only 8am?  Fuck.

I have 7 and weights, assuming they do not call me to pick the car up already.  Should be ready today or tomorrow.  I am going to skip the new bankruptcy judge swear in, as I really don't want to travel to WPB again with a strange SUV and stupid drivers through the same route and all.  Not up for that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning everyone. Hope you all had great weekends. I'm super behind at work because I didn't get to put my customary couple hours in over the weekend, so it will be until tomorrow before I'm able to start catching up and seeing what kind of fun things you all did.

My Highlands Sky 40 mile was great. It was so beautiful and different than anything I've run before. I actually do have quite a few pictures, so when they come off my phone and get on the computer, I'd be happy to share them.

Catch you all soon!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

From the Internet.

I rode just about 32 miles through Boston and Brookline with a local cycling club yesterday - my longest ride ever by about 10 miles, lol. Mostly leisurely, pushed it a little on the climbs toward the end, it was a lot of fun but just being out for that long wiiiiiped me out for the rest of the afternoon, haha. We were out for a little over 4 hours total with stops, ~2:50 of moving time on my watch. Between that and the mile swim on Saturday I'm chafed in more ways than I ever imagined possible! D: The back of my neck looks ridiculous right now.

Tonight I'll either do a short ride after dinner or take a total rest day.

Morning!

Taking a RD today. My shin is not 100% so I’m hoping a little rest will fix it up. Not sweating it.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Cyberic

Morning. I'll be running a bit at lunch. 4-5 miles. It's gonna be hot. It's gonna be humid. My lungs feel a little better, but it's hard to say just by sitting at my desk. I need to try them out while running.

I gave myself until tomorrow to decide if I'll run the 50K or if it's better that I throw the towel for this year.

delicate flower

'Morning and 'Monday!  I swam 3000 yards before work.  4 mile jog in some HEAT due up after work.

<3

LRB

Nectarines are either delectable, or awful. 

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I found a new recipe for sore legs.  Start with an early 10 mile run.  Then, on a hot day, spend two hours walking around a zoo that was built on a hillside.  I was out before 5:00 am today for a 5-mile run, but with the heavy, aching legs, I had an average pace of 11:40.  The incoming heat and humidity did not help.  Relief by mid-week, however.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

onemile

Nectarines are either delectable, or awful. 

I often hesitate to even buy them because it's like a 50/50 chance

Docket_Rocket

Looks like my TM needs new front or back rollers (or both).  I love Sole.  Just called and they are shipping them free today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Apparently I'm an idiot because I didn't realize the 5K series is skipping July 4, which is on a Wednesday this year... so now I need to find myself another July 4 race.  Such problems.

This also means that I can't do the monthly mile series in July, since it's the day after the 5K that would have been on July 4.  Hmph.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Anyone know why my pics are rotating when I save them on the image hosting site, even though they are correct where I have them saved on my computer?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Anyone know why my pics are rotating when I save them on the image hosting site, even though they are correct where I have them saved on my computer?

I had that problem and though I don't recall the technical details for why, the solution is to rotate the image on your computer, even if it means a full 360 back to start, then save the photo with a new name.  Sometimes your computer is smart enough to change the orientation for display while the internet is not.  By rotating and saving, you add the correct orientation to the file itself.  It worked for me.  YMMV

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

onemile

I gave myself until tomorrow to decide if I'll run the 50K or if it's better that I throw the towel for this year.

But you still are going to train for a fall marathon, right?