Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: Not necessarily a bad thing (Read 39 times)

LRB

'Sup yo.

Rest day for me and it has been nice not waking up at WTF o 'thirty the past three days to run. That will change tomorrow of course but I will be ready to get back at it by then.

In other news, I should have my expense report for last year's taxes done and will know shortly thereafter if I owe or if them foo's owe me.

Up until now all big purchases have been on hold because you just never know how bad making a few extra strips of bacon will screw you up.

So then, what do you have going on for the start of the second week in February?

Good morning, all.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Have a pleasant rest day.

School is scheduled to start late, at 10:00. It's very possible that it'll be closed. That would be nice. I'm on my way to the gym to use the TM. If school is closed, I'll do weights while I'm already there, instead of returning in the evening.

Happy effing Monday.

8 on the treadmill.

Dave

Seven weeks until I'll be able to run outside. *sob*

Little Blue

SRD. Which I guess is a misnomer, because I don't go by a schedule.

Taxes, ah yes.  I am almost done getting things together for the CPA.  Sooo close.  Then we had a virus scare, and DH decided he needed to update my operating system.  Which is fighting back.  So, I'll get tax prep done .. sometime soon.  Hopefully.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Forced RD (switching days). I have to give a class at NOVA law school tonight and I didn't sleep all weekend so chose to sleep.

Damaris

delicate flower

Good morning, Happy Monday, and a hearty LOL to you all!  Another week, another snowstorm.  Although, this one isn't terrible as these things go.  I do see more treadmill runs this week though.  I've got 50 minutes of easy running to do today, and doing it on roads freshly covered in snow during rush hour ain't gonna happen, son.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

5K for me on Saturday and then 4.1 miles at Lackland Air Force base on Sunday, followed by a 50-minute weight training circuit.  It was cloudy when I ran, but the sun came out with a vengeance later that day, getting up to nearly 80 degrees.

Rest day for me today.  Going to be in the 70s again today in San Antonio and very sunny.  Right now at 7 a.m. it is nearly 60 degrees.

Happy Monday!  February 9th is:

• National Bagels and Lox Day 
                  • National Stop Bullying Day
                  • National Toothache Day - so if you have a toothache, go to the dentist today at tooth-hurty! 
                  • Pizza Pie Day 
                  • Read in the Bathtub Day
                  • National Kite Flying Day

I have a short work week this week. I am off tomorrow, for my birthday (427 in dog years!) and then off on Friday and next Monday - Gail and I are taking a long weekend for our 30th anniversary and her birthday on the 15th.   Also, on the 13th I have my annual 'birthday month' physical.  Probably a good thing, cuz I need to get my feet checked - or something checked - cuz my feet around the toes have been tingling and cold a bit for about a week now - kinda like when part of you goes to sleep and then you get that 'tingling' as it comes awake again.  Doesn't happen when I'm walking around our running, just when I'm at 'still life', very weird.  Don't know if it is nerve related, diabetes-related (my mom had 'age-onset' diabetes in her late 60s), or what.   Well, whatever it is, one thing I've learned over the years from having a 3-volume medical record, lol, is there is no sense in me crying about it.....I play the cards life deals me and I'll just do the best I can.  Whatever this ends up to be, I'll deal with it and keep getting on with my life.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Happy Monday!  February 9th is:

• National Kite Flying Day

So it's alright to tell someone to go fly a kite today?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Happy effing Monday.

That about sums it up. Upper body weights after work.

I have had to listen to my coworker loudly sigh way too many times this morning.

Zelanie

My DH sighs all the time.  He claims that's how he breathes. 

8 planned for after work.

cjones1

4m recovery today, and it definitely didn't feel like I was recovered.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

That about sums it up. Upper body weights after work.

I have had to listen to my coworker loudly sigh way too many times this morning.

So far so good for me at work today, which is nothing short of a miracle!

DaveP MI, bravo on the eight TM miles.

Little Blue, try to enjoy your SRD.

Phil, have a fun easy run.

Damaris, good luck teaching.

scottydawg, great job on the races.

Half Crazy K 2.0, have an awesome lifting session.

Zelanie, have an excellent eight-miler.

cjones1, fantastic four.

I did forty-five minutes on the TM. I'm up to three comfortable minutes of running before having to slow down for a minute to clear my nose and throat. I did five of those and felt wonderful. Tomorrow, I'll go for five-minute spurts. I also did weights for my upper body, calves, and shins.

What's amazing is that the pace at which I'm comfortably doing my intervals is my MP. I might actually do a sub-2:00 HM this May. Yay.

A friend invited me for late-morning tea. The place was within walking distance of the gym, so, I took a break to chill. I'll return in about an hour to do weights for the rest of my lower body and forty-five minutes on the AMT.

Ric-G

5 miles this AM...since I was off Friday it now feels like I lost two days at work and am now catching up - wtf....anyway, have a great day everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16