Beginners and Beyond

Remote TuesDAILIES (Read 33 times)

LRB

What's up peeps!

Guess what I am doing? Yep, starting the dailies from the road. And why are these people honking at me like ass-clowns. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

They are honking cuz they luuuuuv you, LRB!

Plan on 3 - 4 miles after work.  Nice and sunny today in San Antonio and near 70 degrees for my 5 PM run time, sweeet.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Hello and whatnot!  Got a fair bit of freezing rain last night which has apparently wreaked havoc on the roads this morning.  Crashes and traffic jams and delays.  Not for me though....I got into work just fine.  Because I am awesome.  And as such, I will treadmill after work because it is going to rain like a mofo today (2-3" of rain!).  Rain + cold = treadmill

<3

Howdy folks.

4 miles on the hotel treadmill. Sign on the door says they open at 6:00 AM, but went in at 5:30. Stickin' it to the man!!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  5 and heavy weights tonight.

Not racing this weekend, so I'm back to my regular mileage program until Disney, I guess.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Good morning! I opened my news app when I got home yesterday and read the headline, "incredible series of storms expected." That has since been downgraded, but I'm still not looking forward to getting walloped by all the rain that is coming.

Heading out for a fartlek.

LRB

It was 38 degrees and damp and I wore shorts for my run this morning, 'cuz I am a dork like that. 

Zelanie

Hello!  We are keeping busy with our exchange student.  I ran into a friend on my run last night, so had unplanned company, so that was nice.  It's supposed to be rainy tonight for my 6, but as long as there isn't lightning, I'll probably run them outside while waiting to pick up the kids from robotics.

adkkev

Hello!  We are keeping busy with our exchange student.  

Nice!!  We hosted twice through AFS ... both boys were from Germany.  First one was great, a really good kid who was very interested in experiencing as much as he could while over here.  The second one was essentially a spoiled brat from a very wealthy family & had a tough time following our rules.  He just didn't understand why we didn't let him take his driver's license test here (prohibited by AFS rules) and such.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

I signed up for a HM that is in less than two weeks so I am going to follow the last two weeks of Ryan Hall's 10 week plan. 5 x 800 @5k pace is on tap for today. The HM should be interesting. I ran 11 miles on Sunday at an 8:26 pace so I guess I am hoping for an 8:00 pace for the HM? Not sure.

See ya.

outoftheblue

Good morning Dailies.  SRD #2.   My long, self-indulgent RR is up for those with an hour to kill.

Life is good.

B-Plus

Heading out for a fartlek.

There was more farting than lekking.

LRB

Good morning Dailies.  SRD #2.   My long, self-indulgent RR is up for those with an hour to kill.

lol - stop it you.  

LRB

The HM should be interesting. I ran 11 miles on Sunday at an 8:26 pace so I guess I am hoping for an 8:00 pace for the HM? Not sure.

This may be one of those times where you just race the stupid thing to the best of your ability, which may be a bit uncomfortable.

outoftheblue

This may be one of those times where you just race the stupid thing to the best of your ability, which may be a bit uncomfortable.

And sometimes those turn out well.

Life is good.