Beginners and Beyond

Potentially Big Blizzard (Read 176 times)

Village people

Weather here on Friday/Saturday: High 68, Low 48.  Partly sunny.  Anyone from up north wanna come visit and go for a run in shorts and short sleeves?  I have room.  Smile

Oh, please. Visit me! It will be 20*, the trees will be covered with sparkling white snow and some of them will be laying on the power lines. You won't be able to flush the toilet, but there will be some excellent crosstraining opportunities. I'll even supply the shovel. You can spend your evening, bundled, drinking wine that is just that little bit too cold. Heavenly!

Jess runs for bacon

I think we are only getting four. I have techs out on the road on Friday, traveling anywhere from 50 -150 miles. May be cancelling some appointments tomorrow, blegh.

Nevrgivup

Also looking at a 1-2 feet of snow where I live. YUCK YUCK YUCK! I'm so done with winter.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Blizzard Watch in CT now as well.  The store was crazy this morning.  I bet the shelves will be clear by this evening.

~Andrea

The Mc

Southern VT may get hit pretty hard.  I am looking forward to a nice snowshoe in the woods or a day of riding at one of the mountains.

Papa don't take no mess.

Chairman

I might need to join a gym. Are gym's generally open after an 8 inch snowfall?

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Luke79

Geez guys. Sorry about the shitty weather.  I hope you all stay safe and don't lose power.  Think warm thoughts.

Just B.S.

Geez guys. Sorry about the shitty weather.  I hope you all stay safe and don't lose power.  Think warm thoughts.

We are looking at over a foot with high winds. I think it's pretty much a given at this point that we will lose

power. People are preparing and the grocery store was NUTS this morning!!

We lost power for 17 hours last week, others in our town were out for up to 2 days AND it was a wind only event.

I love nothing better than sitting in my living room and looking out our 6 foot tall windows at the snow blowing

around during a big storm but I much prefer doing it with power!LOL

We are looking at over a foot with high winds. I think it's pretty much a given at this point that we will lose

power. People are preparing and the grocery store was NUTS this morning!!

We lost power for 17 hours last week, others in our town were out for up to 2 days AND it was a wind only event.

I love nothing better than sitting in my living room and looking out our 6 foot tall windows at the snow blowing

around during a big storm but I much prefer doing it with power!LOL

I'm with you.  I'm fine with it, unless we lose power.  No power sucks, especially since our pellet stove won't run.  If the power stays on, it will be a nice, cozy event.  If the power goes out, life gets difficult.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Just B.S.

I'm with you.  I'm fine with it, unless we lose power.  No power sucks, especially since our pellet stove won't run.  If the power stays on, it will be a nice, cozy event.  If the power goes out, life gets difficult.

Agreed. Especially when it's out for a while. Last week was quite unexpected and I didn't have any

water put aside (we have a well which requires a pump which requires electricity to operate) for flushing

the toilets. Ours went out at 2 pm and came back at 7am next morning, but it didn't go out in the city.

That night we were going to the city for swim clinic anyway so we had dinner in the city and took care of our

businessSmile and showers at the pool before heading home to no power.

This time I am making sure I have enough water set aside for several days of no power. Our neighbour is

a friend and has  a big ass generator, we might go hang out there if we get cold.

RSX

They called off work for tomorrow. This will be the first day I ever missed due to snow.

@runjerseygirl

Yesterday Jersey was expecting 2 to 20 inches (LOL!).  Today it's more like 2 to 4 inches.  Thank God.  It still looks like my run on Sunday will be on the TM. Angry

Do you even run?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Just think how different the tone on the SkiingAhead board is ha. Winter sucks.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

I am so glad I was in Hartford last week for work, instead of this week.

Stay safe out there.

From the Internet.

GAH. We went from being on the border of 3-6" and 6-12" yesterday to 12-24" and possibly more. See, this is what happens when my shin splints are cured! Stupid winter.. I hate the dreadmill, so indoor track for me on Sunday.

Hoping we don't lose power either - gonna be a rough couple days with the 4 year old if that happens.