Beginners and Beyond

Potentially Big Blizzard (Read 176 times)

Village people

Holy smokes is it dumping right now.

It is pickiing up, in NH.  How is your knee feeling?

Hip Redux

There is a seriously crazy amount of snow falling.  It looks like pouring rain.. but it's SNOW.

And I'm pretty sure I'm hearing thundersnow in the distance....

Holy smokes is it dumping right now.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I heard both for us. I'm thinking 3-6 though. Looks like they are probably going to move it to first weekend in March, which is cool because then I can still run it. You going to that one? I have kitteh pics to share with you Smile

Thought about running it, but...

Aw, I'd love to see your kitteh pics sometime. Smile  Lord knows everyone on FB sees mine.  lol

Yeah, I posted that yesterday when the storm warning was first issued. As far as I know we're on the border of 3-6" and 6-12" so they're expecting 6. I got the email from the RD this morning saying the race was postponed. I guess she decided for me whether or not I should run the Quakertown 10-miler on March 2... lol.

I want to do Qtown, but can't decide if I want to do the 4 or the 10.  The 10 is HARD...rolling hills in the first 4 miles, and then when get to the 4th mile, there is this BIG, HUGE MONSTER hill.  I ended up having to walk both times that I've done it.  I want to be able to run (okay, jog) the whole thing someday, darn it!

But if either of you ladies are still looking to race this weekend, there's The Fast and Flurry-out 5K on Sunday in Bethlehem....that's still going on so far, but that could change.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Oh, and not a darn thing here so far, except from when it snowed earlier today.

LRB

Apparently, they are calling this storm Nemo.  I am so behind the times, I can't ever recall a time when winter storms were named!

RSX

Apparently, they are calling this storm Nemo.  I am so behind the times, I can't ever recall a time when winter storms were named!

My wife and I were just talking about that. I think this is a new concept. Even when the weather folks were reliving storms from this decade they were discussing them as dates not names.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

They're already talking about the next one, Orko.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Hip Redux

They just started naming stuff.   Not sure why we needed names for winter storms... I think "blizzard of 2013" is actually more descriptive!

The Mc

Finally coming down hard in southern VT.

Papa don't take no mess.

From the Internet.

Ooh the lights just flickered a few times :/ I so hope we don't lose power tonight!

We are enjoying a nice fire in the backyard while the snow falls and the wind blows.  Expecting 2 feet by morning.  Smile

delicate flower

How is your knee feeling?

I started rehab today, so it is hurting like a bastard right now.  Big grin  But it's progress!

<3

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I don't even feel qualified to enter a snow discussion any more - not since I moved from Ohio to Tennessee. Smile

But I have fond (and not-so-fond) memories of the occasional huge snowfall up there. Down here, 3 inches is big time, but in Cleveland, and particularly the east side, 3 inches was a normal winter day. 6+ inches was interesting, and a foot was very interesting. Things rarely stopped, and if they did, it wasn't for more than a day.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Village people

They just started naming stuff.   Not sure why we needed names for winter storms... I think "blizzard of 2013" is actually more descriptive!

Snowtober was a good one!

StepbyStep-SH

It's The Weather Channel's way of generating "drama" to get viewers, I think, but IMO they've already overdone it. The National Weather Service doesn't name them.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.