Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Nov 12 (Read 46 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

30 min elliptical.  I think walking a lot aggravated my foot.  There will be no running this week

Its time to go to work..

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Good morning!

30 min elliptical.  I think walking a lot aggravated my foot.  There will be no running this week

Its time to go to work..

Have a great day folks!

Not sure about the feet but walking is as hard on my legs as running is (a like distance takes nearly twice the time to cover), a fact that I have learned to be mindful of where races and speed work is concerned. Thankfully you have figured that out.

LRB

It is currently something ridiculous like 30 degrees out with a wind chill in the mid 20s. That will force me into long sleeves dagnabbit, and heavy tights. Of all the indignities. Smile

onemile

It is currently something ridiculous like 30 degrees out with a wind chill in the mid 20s. That will force me into long sleeves dagnabbit, and heavy tights. Of all the indignities. Smile

I wore capris last night!  It was 46 but super windy along the lake

LRB

I wore capris last night!  It was 46 but super windy along the lake

Yeah, it was windier as hell here, too. I didn't even check for today, hopefully it's gone. Especially with those temps!

on my way to badass

Going to work.  Will run after.  It may be warmish or at least less windy.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

delicate flower

Traveling home today.  I was going to run this morning but stayed in bed because I am a lazy turd.  Maybe I'll run when we get home.

<3

No more marathons

I'm planning on about 8 later this morning.

There - I've said it so now maybe I'll do it.

And yeah,  walking uses slightly different muscle groups - a long walk when not a regular part of your routine can cause some discomfort.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

In the last month, I found that standing for long periods can negatively impact running. Still think the stand/sit desk is a good thing, but I need to be mindful of how long I do each.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Hubby woke me up at 7:30am to go outside to run, WTF.  It was sunny and by 2.5 we died and decided to stop.  Told him so.  Thanks for making me miss two hours of extra sleep.  Now off to Barre.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I ran 6.

It was windy so I went north to have it at my back on the way out. On the way in wasn't bad.

LRB

Say, does anyone know when marathon foto offers half off? Is it 60 days? There is one from last weekend that I might buy.

Zelanie

Morning!  6ish with the dogs later on.

Cyberic

Say, does anyone know when marathon foto offers half off? Is it 60 days? There is one from last weekend that I might buy.

I just got the 3 for 1 deal this past week from marathon foto, and I think the half price deal is later than the 3 for 1. I don't remember seeing go by, but I was waiting for the 3 for 1 so maybe I wasn't paying very good attention. Anyhow, since my race was on Sept 25th, the 3 for 1 deal seems to be 6 weeks after, so I'm guessing you must be close with your 60 days estimate.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I ran this morning, garmin says it was 36 degrees but out there I checked our 14wfie forecast and it said currently 29.......... either way it felt cold and I dressed accordingly.

We ran 5.2 miles, and Rocky did really good. He might look stout and stocky and not fat.... but if you look at him from above, he's got about 3-5 lbs to lose.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)