Beginners and Beyond

Suck-It Saturdailies! (Read 41 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am beyond agitated right now. The race is in 9 minutes and I can't make it, I got up at 5 AM and everything was going smoothly. Something told me to take my tahoe instead of DH's truck but I took his truck, leaving the tahoe for him. I left early enough to get to our shop to grab my rain jacket and use the bathroom, 15 minutes later I go back out to the truck and it won't start.

So I'm waiting on my mom to come pick me up and take me back home. 

How's everybody else's Saturday so far?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

15 minutes later I go back out to the truck and it won't start.

That. Blows.

I go back out to the truck and it won't start. 

Ouch! I’d go buy a lottery ticket

2mi slow modest hills For me

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Either transponder/chip in the key decided to malfunction or the battery needed to be unplugged for an hour. I didn't have the time though, my mom got there at like 6:58 and asked if I wanted to take her car and get to the race, sadly it had started at 7 😔

So far this year I've missed like 4 races, first 3 I was dealing with the issues of my legs and didn't bother to go to packet pick up. I was excited to do this one, so I'm pretty pissed off and upset.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Sorry, Andrea.

Morning!  I have 4 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

That sucks FreeSoul

I ran 12 with my friend Catherine. It made the rain and the wind much more bearable. I thought she was going to cancel and run on her TM, but no! She got out there and we had a nice chat run.

Made it back out, for 3 very stiff & creaky miles. The only parts that felt sore were my left hamstring, right hip, both quads, and a little in both ankles. Everything else felt fine. Anyway, it was all manageable enough and I’m going to keep at it. Streak: 1 day.

Dave

delicate flower

Hello. I did a two hour bike workout, sort of officially transitioning my training from marathon to triathlon.  I've got a lot of work to do on the bike.  It took a huge hit thanks to MRT.

<3

LRB

I ran 11 in a downpour (10 x 2.5 mins). I was drenched from head to feet 4 miles out and really wanted to lose my gloves and top, but that would've been stupid in 41 degrees so I toughed it out feeling like I was running in a wet blanket.

delicate flower

I watched Venom while on the bike trainer.  I had never seen it before.  It was good!  I expected Venom to be more bad guy-ish though, but he really wasn't.

<3

sdWhiskers

Ran 11 miles with RP around the UCSD campus. Decently hilly. Perfect temp.

Got home and realized I had worn 2 different shoes, a ghost 10 and 11. LOL pitfalls of dressing in the dark.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I watched Venom while on the bike trainer.  I had never seen it before.  It was good!  I expected Venom to be more bad guy-ish though, but he really wasn't.

Tom Hardy's character seemed like a beta-male type while Venom seemed to give him some balls. It was getting better toward the end, I'd actually be interested in seeing a sequel.

PRs

LRB

Ran 11 miles with RP around the UCSD campus. Decently hilly. Perfect temp.

Got home and realized I had worn 2 different shoes, a ghost 10 and 11. LOL pitfalls of dressing in the dark.

I did that once on purpose with the same model shoes just different colors. 

LRB

Tom Hardy's character seemed like a beta-male type while Venom seemed to give him some balls. It was getting better toward the end, I'd actually be interested in seeing a sequel.

Yes, it ended up better than where it was going.

Docket_Rocket

Yes, it ended up better than where it was going.

^ This.

I didn't love it but it was better than I was expecting and I think the ending saved it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page