Beginners and Beyond

Loaded gun, people? (Read 108 times)

Cyberic

I can never get used to Americans carrying loaded guns all over the place.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/31/woman-accidentally-shot-and-killed-by-2-year-old-in-walmart/

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My gun is normally in my purse, never chambered and the safety is always on, my son is never able to get near it. The magazine or clip is loaded though.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Walmart.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

tracilynn

I'm glad the toddler didn't shoot an innocent person or kid with it. That's all I'm gonna say about it.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Buelligan

My gun is normally in my purse, never chambered and the safety is always on, my son is never able to get near it. The magazine or clip is loaded though.

You should have gotten a revolver.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You should have gotten a revolver.

Heck no, though I wouldn't mind having one just because. I love my Ruger C40, it's compact but a 40 caliber, and you hardly notice the kick when shooting it. I also love how it feels in my hand, the feel and weight of it. DH has a smaller gun, we call it the Noisy Cricket (if you haven't seen the first Men in Black, don't ask damn it).

PRs

Buelligan

In the state you're carrying your pistol, you'd be better off with a ball peen hammer in your purse.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

In the state you're carrying your pistol, you'd be better off with a ball peen hammer in your purse.

Not really, actually not at all. You could have a gun in your hand ready but if you aren't paying any attention to your surroundings you might as well be carrying nothing. And along with my gun I carry a stun gun, pepper spray, and also a knife in my vehicle. Being aware of your surroundings is just as important if not more important than what you carry as a weapon.

PRs

Buelligan

I hope you can go the rest of your life believing that.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I hope you can go the rest of your life believing that.

For the most part I have and I will, thank you very much.

PRs

Hip Redux

The thing that really gets me about this story is that this lady was an intelligent, well-trained gun owner.  By all accounts, she should have been the type of person who knew better... and yet, she didn't.   If you can't figure out how to keep a gun away from a two year old, please don't own a gun.

happylily

Touchy subject. Not good around here... You and I cannot really understand the need for those gun laws.

I feel sorry for the dead mother, but to think of her son who will one day understand what happened is heart wrenching.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

Touchy subject. Not good around here... You and I cannot really understand the need for those gun laws.

My post was not judgemental, just trying to understand. You are probably right when you say You and I cannot really understand the need for those gun laws.

I'm not someone who tries to please. I'm someone who says plainly what he thinks. I do appreciate that no one has come down on me in this group for being that way.

You're also probably totally right about the  not good around here. Maybe some day I'll be as wise as you. Probably not though Wink

B-Plus

My post was not judgemental, just trying to understand. You are probably right when you say You and I cannot really understand the need for those gun laws.

I'm not someone who tries to please. I'm someone who says plainly what he thinks. I do appreciate that no one has come down on me in this group for being that way.

You're also probably totally right about the  not good around here. Maybe some day I'll be as wise as you. Probably not though Wink

All I know is from the movies, and from what I gather they think they have the right to bear arms. I don't understand what for, unless you live in a war zone or the ghetto.