Beginners and Beyond

A question for anyone taking glucosamine and chondroitin sulfates. (Read 88 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Big grin

That has been my treatment method ever since. And I definitely feel better.

Randy

Zelanie

My dog was in a double-blind glucosamine study after her knee surgery.  She ate a mystery food that may or may not have had glucosamine in it.  She got better.  The food may or may not have helped. Smile

SheCan

And this old dog also saw a dramatic difference after a year of hip pain. After only 3 weeks on GC, pain went away. But of course, it could all be in my head. However, whenever i go on vacation for 2 or 3 weeks and I do not bring my GC with me, hip and knee pain returns... When I start the supplements again, pain goes away. I don't care if it's only mental, it works for me...

+1,   Same thing with me.  They seem to work for my knees, hips.  I went off them when the inconclusive evidence came out.  I didn't immediately notice a difference.  After about a month, I noticed i had lots of aching in my joints and bones.  Went on like this for several months, and finally said "Screw it,"  bought some more.  It took several weeks again before I noticed an improvement.  Whether it's physical or psychological, I don't care, as long as I feel better, its worth the money for me.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

paulski66

miscreant

I have some pills here that will help your hip pain. Paypal me $50/week and I'll send them to you.

They're guaranteed to work every bit as good as glucosamine. Maybe even better. Maybe not.

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

#artbydmcbride

I take a supplement with glucosamine and chondro called Pain Free.  Once a day and my knees don't hurt.  When I forget to take it for a few days, my knees hurt and that reminds me.

Runners run

MothAudio

The literature told me that I could save a lot of $ if I buy the store brand at CVS as opposed to GNC etc. As far as dosage I read the labels.

Will check this out as my shouders / hips have been killing me.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

RSX

Will check this out as my shouders / hips have been killing me.

CVS often has 2 for 1 vitamins. It probably happens once a month.

MothAudio

CVS often has 2 for 1 vitamins. It probably happens once a month.

Hah, I just came back and scored 2-1 "regular strength" [1200mg / 1500mg]. Thanks!

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Hah, I just came back and scored 2-1 "regular strength" [1200mg / 1500mg]. Thanks!

I hope you didn't buy the CVS brand of the stuff.  Here's a link to a Consumer Reports article that discusses glucosamine chondoitin supplements and how much is available in each product.  One particular CVS product didn't contain as much as the label said it did.

As with anything, know what you're buying.  Know what you're putting in your body.  Know what you're paying for.  Supplements aren't regulated so you really need to do your research.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

RSX

You're welcome. Hope it works out for you.