Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Snowdailies (Read 32 times)

delicate flower

It's dumping out there!  I got coffee and am not working, so all is well.  I've a bike workout to do today, which works out well since a run wasn't going to happen.

So we've got a statewide highway travel ban today, yet I am watching the news and there are broken down vehicles all over the highways.  What the hell, people.

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

No snow here, just cold with a wicked north wind.

I ran 10 miles with a windchill in the high teens.  That's my first workday double-digit run in 5 months.  I'm already looking forward to lunch.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! PT and Pilates.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

Flight to Chicago is still on - so I'll be leaving for the airport soon.

Had briefly thought about getting a short run in from home, but naaaaah.

I'll get at least a mile in somewhere in Chicago just to get the map in my gps.

Then maybe 4 or so on the Hotel treadmill.  Yuck.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Then maybe 4 or so on the Hotel treadmill.  Yuck.

Try 7 of them bitches. Blech.

Zelanie

That's my first workday double-digit run in 5 months. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Snow totals here are less than impressive, but it's been sleeting for a while, so it's a mess. Shovelling or snow blowing should be loads of fun. I get to do something on the treadmill later.

delicate flower

Has anyone heard from LRB today?

<3

LRB

lol

onemile

well played 

LRB

well played 

He's a playa, that Boon.

From the Internet.

I set my alarm for 2:50 to get today's run in! 15 miles done, showered and breakfast and a load of laundry washed and then back to bed all before 7 AM. Up again and ready for second breakfast now!

Zelanie

I set my alarm for 2:50 to get today's run in! 15 miles done, showered and breakfast and a load of laundry washed and then back to bed all before 7 AM. Up again and ready for second breakfast now!

LRB

i just realized that I've been sitting at my desk for almost 90 minutes. This is going to be ugly. 

Zelanie

No snow here.  We're looking at 60 degrees and rain.

Tonight I'm going to the track to run with a friend who is doing Hansons for her 50K.  She's been struggling a bit with the workouts on the weird square 600m track she has to run on.  So, I don't run the workouts, because FTS, but I do run the opposite direction and say encouraging things.  It gives her company, and me a reason to be out and running.  Plus there are bathrooms and lights there, so in the winter it's pretty perfect.

Next week she'll be on to strength workouts, which I don't think there's any way in hell I can keep up with her unless she runs them on the track, which I don't think is likely, because FTS, KWIM?

For my marathon, I'm thinking with 12 weeks to go and mileage/endurance being my weak point, I don't think I'm going to do any speedwork at all.  The focus will be on building my mileage and my LR.  I might do LRs up in the forest, though.  Even though it's a flat course, the hills have got to be good for me, and the scenery is nicer.