Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES are going nowhere fast (Read 36 times)

LRB

50 minutes on the elliptical.

Maybe I should fix my bike. I haven't been on it in forever. Shit, I don't even know if it still works. lol

delicate flower

Hello, friends!  My streak of 15 straight week days of swimming comes to an end today, and boy does it feel good.  Taper!  I've got a bike ride tonight but it's raining so I'll probably be on the trainer.

I really didn't want to get a new smartphone but mine was four years old and getting tired.  DW's been needling me to get a new one for a while, and yesterday I hit my breaking point with my old phone.  It just got too slow and battery was dying too fast.  So I e-mailed the wife yesterday morning and told her it was time, and in true DW fashion I had a new phone in my hand by the end of the day.  Top of the line Galaxy S8.  Ohhhhhh BOY!  Costco deal.  This phone is way to freakin cool, and my god the speed.    It's like I click a website and it loads immediately.

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6 enjoyable miles.  It was back down into the low 50s, as it should always be.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 5 recovery miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Hello, friends!  My streak of 15 straight week days of swimming comes to an end today, and boy does it feel good.  Taper!  I've got a bike ride tonight but it's raining so I'll probably be on the trainer.

I really didn't want to get a new smartphone but mine was four years old and getting tired.  DW's been needling me to get a new one for a while, and yesterday I hit my breaking point with my old phone.  It just got too slow and battery was dying too fast.  So I e-mailed the wife yesterday morning and told her it was time, and in true DW fashion I had a new phone in my hand by the end of the day.  Top of the line Galaxy S8.  Ohhhhhh BOY!  Costco deal.  This phone is way to freakin cool, and my god the speed.    It's like I click a website and it loads immediately.

Hilarious!

I get a new phone every year or thereabouts, so I get that feeling more frequently. When I was with the big 2 (Verizon and AT&T) that would've been cost prohibitive, but I dropped to a second tier carrier about 4 years ago after getting fed up with their mandatory data fees and other BS and could not be happier.

delicate flower

If I have not seen Prometheus, will I just be completely lost seeing Alien Covenant?  Kind of like if you try seeing Police Academy 4 without first seeing Police Academy 3?

<3

From the Internet.

I jogged 15 minutes yesterday. 30 minutes today. So far so good. I feel fragile but not broken, and slow but not tired.

Zelanie

If I have not seen Prometheus, will I just be completely lost seeing Alien Covenant

Just want to complement your good sense in avoiding the disaster that was Prometheus.

LRB

If I have not seen Prometheus, will I just be completely lost seeing Alien Covenant?  Kind of like if you try seeing Police Academy 4 without first seeing Police Academy 3?

Well let's see; I was completely lost and I saw Prometheus!

They do reference the mission and some of the characters but they went in a different direction, so even the people who saw both movies were perplexed. You might have a better time of it as a result.

LRB

Just want to complement your good sense in avoiding the disaster that was Prometheus.

Not so much for me. I bought into the hype and was there opening weekend. What a letdown.👎 👎

LRB

Good morning!

I ran 6 enjoyable miles.  It was back down into the low 50s, as it should always be.

Have a great day!

If there was such a thing as perfect temps for running, one would be hard pressed to top that.

Docket_Rocket

I think you would.  But at least you will be more surprised about what happen if you do not.  I already knew who was who and what because I saw the first one.  And I suspected what was going to happen.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Well let's see; I was completely lost and I saw Prometheus!

They do reference the mission and some of the characters but they went in a different direction, so even the people who saw both movies were perplexed. You might have a better time of it as a result.

Well, if you remember the droid from Prometheus, that wasn't a different direction; just a continuance.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Not so much for me. I bought into the hype and was there opening weekend. What a letdown.👎 👎

Shitty movie.  The only "good" thing was the ending. So that's where Aliens come from.  But did we need to watch 2+ hours of the before to know that?  Do we care?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

If I have not seen Prometheus, will I just be completely lost seeing Alien Covenant?  

I am keeping it simple and seeing neither.

Appropriate thread title for me as well, since I was going around in circles relatively quickly.

I had 8 w/3x1600 today. Wasn't expecting much, considering I'm just coming off a 5k. Supposed to be at 5k pace, figured I'd end up more like 10k. Went a bit better than expected; 6:58, 6:50, 6:40. There's my final serious workout.

Dave