Beginners and Beyond

Summer go away Sundailies! (Read 34 times)

delicate flower

Hello!  I assume the lack of Sundaily thread means everyone is out running and whatnot.  I got my run done early before the 94 degree heat wave hits today.  WTF is that crap?  I ran 10.4 miles at what is my current HM PR pace, but it certainly was not HM PR effort.  Now I can sloth the rest of the day.

What ya got!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 17-20 miles today, which will be on the TM, cause I'm not crazy like you guys, and hoping it's the 20.  Goal is 18 at least.  I have been eating well, finally, so we'll see.

Damaris

LRB

I woke up just in time to see damn near every NFL player and team personnel member kneeling or interlocking arms during the National Anthem at Wembley Stadium, in direct response to President Trump's comments in Alabama Friday night. I hate everybody right now.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Only supposed to get up to 90 here. 6 or so this morning with a 5k thrown in there. Any part of the course that was not a ridiculous hill was in full sun. Went about as well as I would expect for those conditions. I hurried home so I could watch the Ravens game, they forgot to show up. Not sure there is a game plan to score 44 points in 10 minutes.

LRB

I ran 6.

I intended to do a full workout but my ankle was being a snit, so I cut it short.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I woke up just in time to see damn near every NFL player and team personnel member kneeling or interlocking arms during the National Anthem at Wembley Stadium, in direct response to President Trump's comments in Alabama Friday night. I hate everybody right now.

At least I missed this.

Here's a novel idea, don't put the camera on them. I'm convinced the more the media shows each team doing whatever, the more it will keep happening. If they don't get attention, maybe it will stop.

Cyberic

Ran 12. Didn't feel like running. Went anyways. 73 for the week.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

At least I missed this.

Here's a novel idea, don't put the camera on them. I'm convinced the more the media shows each team doing whatever, the more it will keep happening. If they don't get attention, maybe it will stop.

I can say the same thing about whenever the president opens his mouth. Maybe if they stop showing every stupid thing said he might stop?

but hey, it keeps us super busy here at his law firm.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I can say the same thing about whenever the president opens his mouth. Maybe if they stop showing every stupid thing said he might stop?

but hey, it keeps us super busy here at his law firm.

Definitely. And I hate that the "news" has become analyzing whatever the tweeter in chief tweeted.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Definitely. And I hate that the "news" has become analyzing whatever the tweeter in chief tweeted.

Ugh yes. The less attention to things the less ithe thing would matter. But no, they want ratings.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ugh yes. The less attention to things the less ithe thing would matter. But no, they want ratings.

Yep. Gotta bring in a panel of 5 people to discuss the deep meaning behind 140 characters.

This is exactly what I was going to say. If only. But he's the President, how can it not be news when he makes public statements?

Anyway, IDGAF in general whether players stand or kneel, but I love what they did today (although I didn't see it because I was out running). And I love the statements of support yesterday from a number of the team owners & execs. The President thinks he can bully everyone. He can't.

22 miles today, had to start stupid early because I have to get to the airport today.

73 for the week.

Dave

onemile

I ran the fox cities half this morning. 1:34:00

Plus wu and cd equals 18 miles

65 for the week

I ran the fox cities half this morning. 1:34:00

Plus wu and cd equals 18 miles

65 for the week

Nice.

Dave

On second thought, what would actually be most awesome is if he just stopped saying stupid things. But I'm not holding my breath.

Dave