Beginners and Beyond

Turkey Dailies! (Read 44 times)

delicate flower

Happy Bird Day!!  What's everyone got going on?  I've got a 3 mile neighborhood fun run this morning, then the family Thanksgiving feast at my house (with an Oski appearance) at noon.  Early flight to Florida tomorrow morning, so my family needs to eat early and then GTFO.

I slept like a champ the last two nights, getting some equity built up into the sleep bank, assuming I'll get limited sleep Saturday night before the race.

<3

delicate flower

Where is everyone?  Wake up, god dammit!  

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I've been up for minutes. At least give me time to make the coffee.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

bluerun

Super B****

IT'S FREEZING OUTSIDE.  Why is it freezing?!  (I have a Turkey Trot soon.  I love waiting in the cold for a race to start! ... Yeah, that's not working, I still don't believe it.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Been a little sick the past couple days but starting to feel better. Got 8mi in 8:27/mi easy. Heading to the shooting range with my buddy and my Dad to shoot some fun toys, then off to stuff my face at my parents house.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

oldfartrunner

Thanks for waking me up Baboon.  Here's a double Damaris bird for you.

6-8 for me later. Good luck Blue!

GC100k

Where is everyone?  Wake up, god dammit!  

I'm up. Why should god damn me or whatever "it" is because I hadn't posted yet?

Regular gym is closed all weekend, might head to my backup, the purple not-a-gym, this morning before the fam gets active.

Probably an AT hike with the fam this afternoon.

nOOky

Happy Thanksgiving everybody that celebrates it today! 8-10 miles planned with the girl dog as soon as the coffee kicks in, dinner and football later. Like Cheryl Crow said "it's not having what you want, it's wanting what you got" or something like that.

Istria 110k 4-6-2024

WS100 6-29-2024

UTMB 171k 8-30-2024

MCM 10-27-2024

LRB

Today will be the first of four for me playing the game, what day is it?

Right now, it seems like a Sunday.

LRB

I slept like a champ the last two nights, getting some equity built up into the sleep bank, assuming I'll get limited sleep Saturday night before the race.

I did pretty good myself last night. I was thoroughly spent after running on fumes the past few days. I am also sick of work, and then it dawned on my during yesterdy's run that I haven't taken any extended time off this year (a return to California earlier this month was supposed to be the highlight of the fall). That explains that.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Can you let the coffee kick in first before we post? Rest day for me. Did not sleep well at all last night, felt sore all over and restless. Now I get 2 days to figure out what to wear on Saturday. Upper 30s-low 40s to start, probably low 50s to finish. I am not a fan of being cold. And if I am really cold, then I'll probably have to pee. Oh, and on that note, in the pre-race e-mails, there were warnings of immediate DQ and removal if you fail to use the port-a-pots pre-race. Race starts at a private girls boarding school, they do not want men whipping it out on the grounds.

Runshortii

On my way to a turkey 10K. I’m tired

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Thanks for waking me up Baboon.  Here's a double Damaris bird for you.

YAWN.... make that two.

8.5 this morning.

Good luck to all you Turkey Trotters!!!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

delicate flower

Free coffee at Cumberland Farms after my 5K non-race.  Score!!

<3

delicate flower

Bernard Lagat is here to run our little local 5 mile turkey trot today.  Very cool.  Galen Rupp ran it last year.

<3