Beginners and Beyond

Nothing Manic about MonDAILIES (Read 37 times)

LRB

Yo.

It looks like another hot one on tap for my area with temps in the low 90's forecast for today. There is not much of that left for the season so my plan is to just deal with it.

I also plan to run, which I will be doing in about 10 minutes, see ya!

Cyberic

Back to work this morning. Why can't we always be on vacation? Oh yeah, that money thing.

I will be running easy, at lunch, in the heat. Difficult, but great training.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 tonight.

Heat index is at 88F and 78 dewpoint and the sun is barely out.  We will hit the triple digits today, I can assure you and there are at least two more months of this shit.  FFS.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!!

Feeling great after a quality filled weekend, some recovery miles on tap after work.

Congrats to MBC!! Can't wait to hear the details!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

onemile

SRD. Praise the lord.

LRB

LRB

I ran 6, and incredibly felt no ill effects from this weekend's race or 10 mile run.

#eatingisfundamental

StepbyStep-SH

7 this morning with the group - half of which wanted to take off like bats out of hell. Um, no. Since I had the only headlamp and reflective gear among us, I didn't bother trying to keep up with the speedsters - they could just slow down and wait for my slow self if they want extra visibility.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

cjones1

I ran 7....slowly.  Now I will work 8...slowly. Then I will drive home....faster.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What up ya'll?  I am feeling great this morning, surprisingly.  I could go for a run, but today is no run day. Instead I went to the gym for Back Day 

Congrats MBC!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Back to work this morning. Why can't we always be on vacation? Oh yeah, that money thing.

That's called retirement, but then you have all that time for chores and projects around the house.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

9 miles.

Dave

From the Internet.

80 minutes in the pool, plus I jogged for about 8 steps and my toe didn't fall off! I feel fat and slow. Oof. Spending all that time in the pool did NOT prepare me for the sensation of my thigh fat taking on a life of its own at a pace slightly faster than a walk.

bluerun

Super B****

I will be running easy, at lunch, in the heat. Difficult, but great training.

No work for me today!! 

I slept in.  Then ran 10 on the AlterG.  My mom is taking me to lunch at a restaurant that was vegan when it opened, but no longer is.  Which wouldn't bother me except that some vegan offerings were removed from the menu to make way for cheese (ick) and fish (double ick).

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Congrats to MBC!! Can't wait to hear the details!

Her RR will go something like this:  "It was hard.  I finished."  She's not really wordy.  Big grin

I know I didn't race yesterday, but standing around for 18 hours can leave the body tired and sore.    I've got an easy 5 miles to do later.

<3