Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES are easy to please (Read 47 times)

LRB

Just get us the best of everything.

LRB

'Sup.

Miraculously, I have made it through the grueling 4 week period of sustained high mileage (for me) and long runs, and today marks the return of my treasured 7 mile daily run. Taper begins next week which will be good both for my beaten body, and my scrambled stupid head.

So what's happening with you today, anything good? Are you running or resting?

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I ran last night but it was horrible.  The winds at 25mph made me want to puke and my breathing was bad.  Pilates tonight.  Maybe another run if there is no hurricane outside?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

I have a complicated day to schedule, but that is after work: kiddo's soccer practice vs having beer in a pub with a visiting friend. I'll figure something out. The easy part (to schedule) is going to work, and doing a little interval workout at lunch. The workouts I'm doing lately are cool because I get to run fast, but don't leave me too tired: I keep the splits short (2 minutes and less for 'I' (5 K equivalent pace) workouts) with as much recovery, and not too many reps. Hopefully I won't be too 'disconnected' when I decide to pick it up again.

happylily

Long story short: went on a trip two weeks ago, wore brand new boots and walked all day in them, developed blisters which cut the skin deep where the Achilles are, was left with pain but continued walking nonetheless (but in ugly blue running shoes...), missed a marathon, came home and had to get an antibiotic because one wound was not healing and looked infected, missed another marathon, could not run at all, gained a lot of weight (but not interested in finding out how much because I'm unable to diet anyway...). Today is the first day that I will try running again, after almost two weeks. It still hurts, but it's not oozing whatever it was oozing anymore, so we'll see. If all goes well, 10 miles with 5x600m intervals (should be funny to see what that means), plus 40 minutes of core.

In other news, meet the new leader of my country, the guy on the right. He defeated in a boxing match the guy on the left who used to be a Senator. lol And no, I didn't vote for him.

Patrick Brazeau and Justin Trudeau, in a pre-fight poster advertising their boxing match.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

13 slow ( even by my standards) miles on a beautiful, starry morning.  My legs are still feeling last weekend.

Hope you all have a great day.

Runner with a riding problem.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

7 miles done this morning, maybe some more this evening, we'll see.

Canada has a very interesting electoral system Lily!    So you haven't run for two weeks and your first day back at it you're gonna do 10 miles with intervals?  You're a machine. 

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning all.

I  have to admit, I am thinking this decision (though reluctant and forced at first) to not run IMM was a blessing in disguise. I think I am still dealing with some minor issues and doing the IMM wouldn't have resolved them, but now I can focus on building a stronger base and getting/staying in better shape. Last winter was awful, I barely ran and had no motivation to in that weather, which started 2015 off not great. Hopefully I can now focus on averaging 40-45 mpw for the rest of 2015 and start 2016 off much better, not to mention  hopefully my son will stop waking up the moment I leave the house.

*Here's to looking at the glass half full, or refillable*

This morning, I ran 6.2 miles - giving me 50.4 miles in the last 7 days (yes I am tracking my log now).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Lily, glad to see you around!  Sorry you missed the marathon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Long story short: went on a trip two weeks ago, wore brand new boots and walked all day in them, developed blisters which cut the skin deep where the Achilles are, was left with pain but continued walking nonetheless (but in ugly blue running shoes...), missed a marathon, came home and had to get an antibiotic because one wound was not healing and looked infected, missed another marathon, could not run at all, gained a lot of weight (but not interested in finding out how much because I'm unable to diet anyway...). Today is the first day that I will try running again, after almost two weeks. It still hurts, but it's not oozing whatever it was oozing anymore, so we'll see. If all goes well, 10 miles with 5x600m intervals (should be funny to see what that means), plus 40 minutes of core.

In other news, meet the new leader of my country, the guy on the right. He defeated in a boxing match the guy on the left who used to be a Senator. lol And no, I didn't vote for him.

Patrick Brazeau and Justin Trudeau, in a pre-fight poster advertising their boxing match.

That's a unique campaign poster.... lol

I agree with Dave, you are a machine.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Good morning, internet people!!  When the stupid alarm rang at 5:15, I shut it off with the intention of skipping my morning run.  Wife got up though, and guilt got the better of me so I rolled out of bed.  Skipping my run this morning would have meant skipping my planned swim later today, and I really need to swim.  So a nice, pleasant, easy jog under the morning stars has been completed.  I probably overdressed for the 40 degree temps, but whatevs.

<3

LRB

I've been waiting patiently for this post, all the while wondering what was going on.

I remember you talking about walking around in them stupid things then having a heel problem, but never realized it was that bad.

Glad to see you back, for a day anyway. Hopefully it will be two. Big grin

happylily

Proof that I am not lying 

First, ugly painful blister.

Then, ugly blue shoes 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Proof that I am not lying 

First, ugly painful blister.

Then, ugly blue shoes 

Are those Newtons? Word is they laid off a ton of their staff the other day.

Docket_Rocket

Ouch, Lily!

Damaris

Fundraising Page