Beginners and Beyond

Final countdown FriDAILIES (Read 43 times)

Good morning runners!

Last day before the HM! 4mi/ drills/ strides. Legs are feeling pretty good. Big waffle/ syrup lunch packed for today. Carb up time!

Looks like its going to be about 30F or so at race start. That's some cold conditions. Debating on arm sleeves with the singlet...can always ditch them if I get hot I guess.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

LRB

This thread needs some theme music.

breadnatty08

Little MIA lately, but ready for race day tomorrow.  Like Jay, it looks like it's gonna be a cold start but we should be well down in the mid to upper 20s.  Definitely arm sleeves, hat and gloves weather.  

Feeling ready to roll, had a solid couple weeks of taper.  Hope to have a RR tomorrow or Sunday!

Find me on Strava

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners and soon to be Racers Smile

Dentist chair for me to get a big tooth ground down for a crwon, then will play it by ear on what I run. Sad

Bread, Jay, onemile,  and anyone else I forgot.  Good luck this weekend!

Nice choice LRB, but I'm partial to this one for pre-race. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU

Docket_Rocket

Great, LRB, now I'll have the song and the ad that came with them singing, in my head all day.

I have Orange Theory, Pilates and 6 miles.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

4.2 miles... I was going to register for a HM this weekend, but my shins are hurting so badly, that might be a stupid idea.  (Online registration is closed, but there IS race day registration, so I still get to agonize over it.)

So Garmin has decided that my 620 is defective (no shit?), but it isn't under warranty, so I can have it replaced with a like-new refurbished device for, essentially, $89.  If I don't want to wait a couple of weeks for it to show up, I can pay $28 for Next Day Air or $18 for Second Day Air.  All of which seems a bit silly, since I can buy a refurbished 620 on Amazon for $140.

OR I can upgrade for 20% off retail price of any device on their website.  A normal person would jump at this, since I am going to buy the Mk1 no matter what happens with this 620, and paying $800 is better than paying $1K.  But because I am not a normal person, I feel very attached to this 620, and the thought of not having it anymore is sad.  Even though IT DOESN'T WORK.

See?  I'm insane.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

'Morning!  Duuuuude, I totally botched my run this morning.  I usually have "easy to moderate" on Fridays, and since it was 35 degrees and windy at 5:30 this morning, "easy" was about all I wanted to put into it.  8 miles at 7:55 pace.  Now I see my plan said to run GMP for the 8 miles (7:15-7:20).  WHOOPS.  Well, I ran 5 at 7:19 pace last night, so that'll have to do.

Good luck tomorrow, JayB and natty ice!  But more so to OFR and that toof.

<3

LRB

See?  I'm insane.

Considering the group you posed this too, you haven't made the case for that.

RunningOnSand

Little MIA lately, but ready for race day tomorrow.  Like Jay, it looks like it's gonna be a cold start but we should be well down in the mid to upper 20s.  Definitely arm sleeves, hat and gloves weather.  

Feeling ready to roll, had a solid couple weeks of taper.  Hope to have a RR tomorrow or Sunday!

Glad to see you around! can't wait to read your RR - make sure to post one here.

JayB, for me that'd definitely be arm sleeve weather. Can't wait to read your RR too!

And OneMile's?

I've got some cruise intervals on tap for today. But first, coffee.

bluerun

Super B****

Considering the group you posed this too, you haven't made the case for that.

Not too sure... I told my co-worker about my dilemma, and she said she would keep it.  And she's not a runner.

chasing the impossible

LRB

I'm at the trail (40 minutes from home). It's 19 degrees with a wind chill of 9, and I just realized that I FORGOT MY FUCKING RUNNING JACKET!!

bluerun

Super B****

I'm at the trail (40 minutes from home). It's 19 degrees with a wind chill of 9, and I just realized that I FORGOT MY FUCKING RUNNING JACKET!!

Run really fast to stay warm

chasing the impossible

onemile

I'd drive right back home. It's about the same here and I froze my ass walking into work (despite wearing my duck down coat)

7 miles at 41 degrees here - Brrr, I had to wear long sleeves!

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hi people.

This week has been just plain hell, it seems I cannot adapt to the DST and each morning I'm waking up to my alarm feeling like a freaking whale landing on me and then proceeded to roll back and forth.

This morning I managed to get up and go to the gym for 45 minutes focusing on shoulders and upper back.

No automatic alt text available.

Then I got home, ate something and slowly changed clothes for the 30 degree temp outside...... burrrrr

Jetta and I then headed out and ended up with 7 miles.

No automatic alt text available.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)