Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies: Kicking ass with just one leg. (Read 47 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I did 8 on the bike.  My left leg is weaksauce, but I'm working on it.

Have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

'Morning!  Nice to see you out and about again, PR!

I swam 2000 yards last night, which made this morning's masters swim feel like a double.  Will run tonight!  My coach has set my marathon goal pace at 7:15-7:20, subject to adjustments depending on how the next few weeks goes.  That's a 3:12 marathon.  Bring it. 

<3

LRB

'Morning!  Nice to see you out and about again, PR!

onemile

My coach has set my marathon goal pace at 7:15-7:20, subject to adjustments depending on how the next few weeks goes.  That's a 3:12 marathon.  Bring it. 

Me too

LRB

Will run tonight!  My coach has set my marathon goal pace at 7:15-7:20, subject to adjustments depending on how the next few weeks goes.  That's a 3:12 marathon.  Bring it. 

Boom!

Nice Marathon paces Baboon and Onemile!

5 Easy for me. My R hip is sore from the mile repeats on  Wed. Hoping it feels better for tomorrow's hard tempo.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

bluerun

Super B****

8 AlterG miles because I'm still afraid to try the bike, since my PT told me that if my leg is under a 2/10 on my pain scale, I can run the 5-mile trail race I wanted to do this weekend... for which I have yet to register since I have been known to go to bed feeling fine and wake up unable to walk.  I ADORE race day registration.  And the price is even the same!!

Speaking of bikes.  I won a jackpot in the health program we have at work, and the prize selections are based on your points level.  I'm platinum, which, if you ask me, means I should get to choose from bronze, silver, and gold too, but nope, I can ONLY choose from platinum.  Which were a bunch of things I didn't really need -- I'd rather update my Vivofit, but that wasn't a platinum choice.  So I selected something else instead.  It arrived yesterday.

Now I really need to get over the trauma of riding outside... because selling this would be a pain.  And the MTA sucks and the rock-climbing gym is in the middle of nowhere and really hard to get to if I don't have the car.  The last time I tried riding outside (a few months ago), I made it around the block and nearly had a heart attack, so this should be a fun experiment.  Not.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Me too

Clash of the titans! This is awesome. I wish you guys were doing the same race, or at least on the same day.

Dave

onemile

Speaking of bikes.  I won a jackpot in the health program we have at work, and the prize selections are based on your points level.  I'm platinum, which, if you ask me, means I should get to choose from bronze, silver, and gold too, but nope, I can ONLY choose from platinum.  Which were a bunch of things I didn't really need -- I'd rather update my Vivofit, but that wasn't a platinum choice.  So I selected something else instead.  It arrived yesterday.

The prize where I work is avoiding the $50/month "fine" for not participating 

bluerun

Super B****

Oh, yes, we have that participation prize too.  What it usually means is that my insurance premium goes up by 5% instead of 10%.  Yay.

chasing the impossible

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yea, that's basically ours too. Take the yearly assessment that poorly worded & sign something saying you don't smoke or are actively trying to quit. If not, pay more for insurance.

I personally like the question "do you plan on exercising more in the next 6 months". I wish I could add in comments, because I feel like saying unless I decide to run another marathon, no. 7+ hours per week is enough.

bluerun

Super B****

Hey, if I start smoking, then I really WILL be fined, and then when I quit, I'll be getting an even bigger discount!  #winning

chasing the impossible

delicate flower

Flu shot achieved! I'll take any vaccines my employer wants to inject me with for free. The prize for not participating is you have to wear a mask for the next five months.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Flu shot achieved! I'll take any vaccines my employer wants to inject me with for free. The prize for not participating is you have to wear a mask for the next five months.

I have to do that Monday. The prize is I get to keep my job.

onemile

I have to do that Monday. The prize is I get to keep my job.

that one is optional where I work