Beginners and Beyond

Attention NFL Fans (Read 74 times)

Are you ready for some football?

How often have you struggled with the frustration every weekend of not knowing which games are actually going to be televised in your area, and tried to decipher the league's arcane TV rules? Struggle no more, courtesy of this site. Weekly map of which games are being shown in what areas (and even who the announcers are). Problem solved.

Dave

delicate flower

NFL RedZone is the greatest invention in the history of inventions.

<3

Well certainly my OP is a laugher for anyone blessed with the DirectTV NFL Sunday Ticket.

Also if you only care about your local team, you know they will always be on (um, unless you are subject to blackout; see arcane NFL TV rules).

But as my team is not the local one, I am always wondering if I will get to see them.

NFL RedZone is the greatest invention in the history of inventions.

And sadly I do not have this; too cheap to upgrade my cable package. It was exciting enough when I changed cable systems a few years ago to even get the NFL Network. And the first week of the season after I switched, I had the Red Zone. It was a wonderful day. Then I found out it was only a 1-week free trial. Psyche.

Dave

delicate flower

Our "local" teams here are the Patriots, Jets, and Giants, so their games are on every week.  Being a Rams, I find myself watching the RedZone quite a bit since I really don't care about the NY teams (the Patriots are my #2 at least).  Being in the northeast, the national game is usually another NFC east or AFC east game.  The RedZone lets me see a lot of the action west of the Mississippi.

<3

Hip Redux

Well certainly my OP is a laugher for anyone blessed with the DirectTV NFL Sunday Ticket.

I certainly laughed at you.  Bwahahahahahaha!  I have DirecTv! lol  Big grin

GO PATS!

Singer who runs a smidge

I don't have cable, so it's handy for me!  Though we could just turn on the TV and channel flip ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

RSX

I rarely watch any regular season games but NE, and even then on hot September days I prefer to be outside. This season will be real interesting as Brady has a bunch of new WRs and TEs to get used to.

I don't know why we (Indy) always seem to get jipped out of the early Fox games.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Gator eye

Also if you only care about your local team, you know they will always be on (um, unless you are subject to blackout; see arcane NFL TV rules).

But as my team is not the local one, I am always wondering if I will get to see them.

And sadly I do not have this; too cheap to upgrade my cable package. It was exciting enough when I changed cable systems a few years ago to even get the NFL Network. And the first week of the season after I switched, I had the Red Zone. It was a wonderful day. Then I found out it was only a 1-week free trial. Psyche.

What do you mean your team is not the local one? A NFL team is like marriage, through thick and thin, till death do us part. Your local team isn't dead they've just smelled like it the last few years.

Well ok maybe the last 20 years.

or so

What do you mean your team is not the local one? A NFL team is like marriage, through thick and thin, till death do us part. Your local team isn't dead they've just smelled like it the last few years.

Well ok maybe the last 20 years.

or so

Agreed - but I was born & raised in the Chicago area, so I am a diehard Bears fan, living in Lions country (for the last 20 years). So I am always anxious to know whether I will get to see the Bears game. On one hand, I know I will get at least 2 per year, when they play the Lions. And because they are in the division & not too far geographically, that is often our regional game. Unless it does conflicts with the Lions game due to being on the same time/network, or subject to the vicissitudes of the aforementioned arcane NFL TV rules. Which seems to happen a lot.

Dave

RSX

I have never lived outside our state so was guaranteed to at least see all the NE away games in the days they didn't see out. Since the days of Parcells being hired to coach, I have had the option to see every game.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

You all seem to assume that your work schedule won't interfere with NFL game broadcasts. Mine does.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, my favorite team is the Redskins...and I live in Dallas Cowboy Country! Shocked

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

Question for you smarter football folks who watched yesterday's game - when waiting for the Ravens to come out of the locker room, they were showing the refs patting down some of the players.  What was up with that?  I can't say I've seen that before, where they looking for weapons or something?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Question for you smarter football folks who watched yesterday's game - when waiting for the Ravens to come out of the locker room, they were showing the refs patting down some of the players.  What was up with that?  I can't say I've seen that before, where they looking for weapons or something?

From Yahoo! Sports"

"Officials were making sure no player applied anything to their uniform that would make it harder for an opponent to make a tackle. It is actually something that happens before every game, but it grabbed the attention of many people watching at home."

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.