Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies - Wet, windy, not warm. (Read 37 times)

Docket_Rocket

Jesus Christ it is absolutely insane how cheap TV's have become.  The 46" Sharp I am about to watch the NCAA tourney on set us back $2000 5-6 years ago and that a Black Friday blowout.

And they are smart now, coming with Roku, Netflix, and Prime inside.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I am lucky where I live.  A small state but a vibrant running community.  Lots of running clubs, and multiple race options every Saturday and Sunday between March and November.  There is something like 25 different half marathons in Connecticut every year.

Yeah we have them too, I just don't do them. Distance is tough for me, I'm not really good at it. I've always given you credit though for being able to roll out of bed and race at or near PR half marathon pace as often as you do. It's impressive.

LRB

Jesus Christ it is absolutely insane how cheap TV's have become.  The 46" Sharp I am about to watch the NCAA tourney on set us back $2000 5-6 years ago and that a Black Friday blowout.

It speaks to the cheapskate I am that I am still bargain hunting when I could easily afford cost.

LRB

Speaking of stupid shit, I finally replaced my tablet that I broke almost two months ago. No one makes a cellular enabled tablet anymore so I ended up with a laptop. I added hot spot to my cellphone account and use that for WiFi on the laptop when traveling. Whatever.

Docket_Rocket

Ran 4 on the TM, 6.35 for the day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Not sure if I mentioned this because I've been swamped, but I took Bugsy to his protein check last week.  His proteins are finally coming down. not normal by any means but finally some good news about his levels that could affect pancreatitis.  For now, he gets to keep the teeth he has left. <3

He still looks grumpy, to the happiness of all.  Even when he is happy.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Only 12 HMs for me, plus one that ended up around 12.5 miles. I also admire Baboon's ability to devour those things like they're pancakes. A half raced hard is no joke.

Dave

sdWhiskers

My 9th HM is in a few weeks and it's my favorite distance, if I've been running consistently. Makes me feel BA without running 3+ hour LRs. I went from 2:11 to 1:55 over the past 2 years which makes me happy 

sdWhiskers

Not sure if I mentioned this because I've been swamped, but I took Bugsy to his protein check last week.  His proteins are finally coming down. not normal by any means but finally some good news about his levels that could affect pancreatitis.  For now, he gets to keep the teeth he has left. <3

He still looks grumpy, to the happiness of all.  Even when he is happy.

Good news, Bugsy!

Also, I miss living in Florida. Not running there, but definitely living there.