Beginners and Beyond

Disney Princess Runners.....who is going? (Read 99 times)

Just B.S.

I know it's still a month away but the thought of possibly being warm again is keeping me going through

January

I will be leaving my lovely but frigid home in Canada for Florida and the Princess 1/2 one month  from today.

It's going to be a "feels" like of -15F here tomorrow and pretty much stay there thru Sunday.

Feb 21st cannot come soon enough for me!!

Who is going and are you wearing a costume?

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I'm going!

I will probably be in costume but my first idea fell through so not sure what I'll end up with.  My daughter refused to let me disassemble her Merida costume to use as a tutu.

Just B.S.

I'm going on a girls trip with two other girls. One of them is doing her 1st half for her 50th b'day

and this was her choice of destination. I told them I didn't care where they wanted to go as long

as it was warm.Smile

I made the costumes and we will be dressed identically. If you see us you will know it's me.....

I guarantee!

Jess runs for bacon

Me! I was going to costume it up but I am low on funds due to this trip so it'll probably be a tutu and a tiara Smile

Jess runs for bacon

Bumping Smile Holy crap this trip is a PITA to coordinate. I just double checked their site for some info. They said we were supposed to get final instructions a month before the event. I'm a planner so this is frustrating. I just booked my rental car, and found out there is no parking at the expo, you have to park at Downtown Disney and take a shuttle. It's only 3.9 miles from downtown Disney, I wonder if it's walkable. I'm starting to get nervous about parking on race day, they have threats that it's a nightmare on the site. Ack.

Anyone interested in hitting up Epcot right after the race?

Just B.S.

Bumping Smile Holy crap this trip is a PITA to coordinate. I just double checked their site for some info. They said we were supposed to get final instructions a month before the event. I'm a planner so this is frustrating. I just booked my rental car, and found out there is no parking at the expo, you have to park at Downtown Disney and take a shuttle. It's only 3.9 miles from downtown Disney, I wonder if it's walkable. I'm starting to get nervous about parking on race day, they have threats that it's a nightmare on the site. Ack.

Anyone interested in hitting up Epcot right after the race?

Hmmmm, I had forgotten that we were supposed to get info emailed to us. Wonder what's up with that?

One of my friends going is a Disney race veteran (3 Goofy's, Disney Marathon, Coast to Coast medal etc). I

guess  because she arranged everything I haven't really thought about it at all, just leaving it in her capable

hands.

Designing and making 3 identical costumes was my contribution!

That is a PIA about the parking for the Expo but if they have a shuttle it shouldn't be too bad. We will have a

rental but I  am pretty sure we will just be taking a cab on race day so we don't have to deal with parking.

I would love to meet up with you but can't promise anything. Our agenda is being set by the 50th birthday girl.

We will be there for 5 days, leaving on the 6th day and I told them my only "must do" is Wizarding World of

Harry Potter.Smile  I've been 3 times already but WW wasn't built the last time we were in Orlando.

We are meeting up this weekend for a run/brunch to discuss the trip. I will see what their ideas are for after

the race.

Jess runs for bacon

Hmmmm, I had forgotten that we were supposed to get info emailed to us. Wonder what's up with that?

One of my friends going is a Disney race veteran (3 Goofy's, Disney Marathon, Coast to Coast medal etc). I

guess  because she arranged everything I haven't really thought about it at all, just leaving it in her capable

hands.

Designing and making 3 identical costumes was my contribution!

That is a PIA about the parking for the Expo but if they have a shuttle it shouldn't be too bad. We will have a

rental but I  am pretty sure we will just be taking a cab on race day so we don't have to deal with parking.

I would love to meet up with you but can't promise anything. Our agenda is being set by the 50th birthday girl.

We will be there for 5 days, leaving on the 6th day and I told them my only "must do" is Wizarding World of

Harry Potter.Smile  I've been 3 times already but WW wasn't built the last time we were in Orlando.

We are meeting up this weekend for a run/brunch to discuss the trip. I will see what their ideas are for after

the race.

My friend is begging me to go to Harry Potter on her behalf, LOL. I was considering a taxi, but once I went to a football game (bowl game) early in the day (this was tampa) and I ended up waiting over an hour for the taxi. That would be too stressful, but also on the flip you have a nice warm place to stay while you wait.

Better I Leave

Heh....Well, I told my 5 year old granddaughter how Disney hosts races, and now it looks as if I will be running next year's Tinkerbell HM at Disneyland in a Tinkerbell outfit for my granddaughter who absolutely adores Tinkerbell. Jeez...The things we do for our grandkids, eh? I promised her I'd do it and give her the medal. Smile

Just B.S.

Heh....Well, I told my 5 year old granddaughter how Disney hosts races, and now it looks as if I will be running next year's Tinkerbell HM at Disneyland in a Tinkerbell outfit for my granddaughter who absolutely adores Tinkerbell. Jeez...The things we do for our grandkids, eh? I promised her I'd do it and give her the medal. Smile

Dave that would be hilarious!! You could use that idea as a fundraiser for a children's charity!

I am betting you could make a crapload of money of you promised people pics of you running in

a tutu!!

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

The email did not go out yet.  Waivers are available online - I printed mine but now I can't find the stupid link.  I'm bib #575.

You probably do not want to walk from DD to Coronado.  There are sections that would not be safe.  I'm staying on property so I could probably take a shuttle from Pop Century but I'll probably just do DD cause I'm going to get me a bib vegetable sandwich and sweet potato fries for dinner that night at Wolfgang Puck's anyway.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

You are kind of awesome.

Just B.S.

The email did not go out yet.  Waivers are available online - I printed mine but now I can't find the stupid link.  I'm bib #575.

You probably do not want to walk from DD to Coronado.  There are sections that would not be safe.  I'm staying on property so I could probably take a shuttle from Pop Century but I'll probably just do DD cause I'm going to get me a bib vegetable sandwich and sweet potato fries for dinner that night at Wolfgang Puck's anyway.

We have a condo 2.5 miles from the Epcot parking lot and will be picking up groceries on our way from

the airport. Will still likely eat a few dinners out just for convenience, since we will be out and about and

there for 6 days.

Honestly, I am pretty laid back and I  know everything will come together just fine once we get there.

My main priority is that I am going to be warm for the first time since about late September!LOL

Jess runs for bacon

How did you get your bib number CRL? Beth, I wish I could be laid back. Things would be so much more relaxing then, LOL.

Just B.S.

How did you get your bib number CRL? Beth, I wish I could be laid back. Things would be so much more relaxing then, LOL.

It more of a life experience thing........you get to a point where you realize it's just not worth it to

stress about much besides your families health and well being. One of the advantages of

getting older!LOL

Better I Leave

Dave that would be hilarious!! You could use that idea as a fundraiser for a children's charity!

I am betting you could make a crapload of money of you promised people pics of you running in

a tutu!!

That's a good idea. I already ran Walnut Creek for The Cure Starts Now Foundation. I like that. Thanks! Smile