Beginners and Beyond

A Penguin Brownie Monday (Read 21 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

This morning while walking my dog it was somewhere around 27 with a feels like of below 20.  Today on my run it was 31 with a "feels like" of 21.  (yeah I've run in colder, but my body isn't used to the winter just yet)

Anyway, did a bonus mile today - 5 instead of 4, with the logic that tomorrow I'd rather do 4 on the treadmill than 5.

Ginny - we seem to have similar weather, are you in eastern PA?

Kathleen - you can always join a cheap gym during the winter months to use the treadmill.  Or look in craigslist for a used one - a lot of people buy them with good intentions and they become clothes drying racks ;-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Brilliant

sapf, that is *really* cold.  I don't think I could breathe and run in that temp.

obie & Damaris, happy running later.

mitch & PAD & Jack & Scotty, happy rest day!

HopesMom, nice that your group gets paid!  Although I'm sure it's a labor of love.

Kathleen, nice streaking.

Ginny, I feel your pain...16 is hard...I've never done 20 except on my way to 26 one time!  You asked about my marathon...yes, it's LA, on March 15.  Oh, you asked about my travel, too - it was all fun, visiting family in Hawaii, Colorado and Las Vegas!  But I'm ready to be home and getting into a routine.

Mitch, I've decided on Higdon Intermediate, probably Int 2, for my marathon.  I'm going to plug the plan into RA tonight and see how it works with my schedule.  I think I have 15 weeks to go, and it looks like I could start on week 4 and be OK with my current training/fitness.

7.5 easy miles done this morning for me.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Scotty, you should be comp'd for every race.

Slow 2.3 mile streak run.  Warmed up to 35*.  Kind of an SRD.  Got up early for my fasting blood test and ended up at work a half hour early.  I'll post the results when I get them so you all can analyze it.    Now that everything is electronic, the report is 10 pages long and impossible to read.  Maybe that's why the Dr. always says "labs are good".

Have a great week !!!!

Robert31320

Team TJ

3 after work miles in town for me.  One of them feel good runs!

Running for TJ because he can't.

silver_springs77

Hi all! I used to be part of the penguin forum on RWOL and then graviated away for a while. But I am back running and I miss talking to everyone and look forward to meeting the ones who have joined since i last posted (like 2012...I have gone off grid except for FB) and catching up with the ones I havent talked to in forever!

started back running seriously and completed C25K W2D2 today. Rebooting my running from scratch...i have been running on and off again but it wasnt much fun especially after a broken leg...but now I am healed and back on track! :-)

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

- 1 Corinthians 9:24

GinnyinPA

Welcome back Silver Springs!

Robert - I'm glad you had a really good run today.

Jerry - I hope your doctor continues to say, "Labs are good."

sapf - Brr.  That's too cold. I'm in south central PA, just off I-81.  I'm also basing my training on Higdon intermediate.

Engine Silver Springs.

Sapf - I'll keep my eyes open for a good gmail. I'll be sure to bounce it off you folks before making any purchase as I have no clue about tm's.

Brilliant - I used Higgins beginner half marathon training plan this past fall to successfully finish two hm's. Now I'm basing my base mileage build up off it so that I can jump into the intermediate hm plan for a spring half. It seems to be working for me, but as with everyone else, those mid week runs are tough to get in before work. Guess it works help if I'd turn off this device and go to sleep.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K