Beginners and Beyond

My 15 Minutes of Fame (Read 100 times)

LRB

Come on, you know those readers won't understand the great accomplishment of a 5k. I'm pretty sure you've had several people tell you that a 10k should be easy for you when they ask you about your next race and you tell them it's a 10k.

Yep, and most of them are runners. 

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

Low hurdles.  Very low hurdles.  The last time I tried hurdling something was 15 miles into a long run.  It was a dog.  I failed and ended up slamming my forearm onto a concrete driveway at which point I had two thoughts which were separated by mere milliseconds.  In this order.

1.  I think I just broke my damn arm.

2.  Better stop my time.

I need to invent a running watch that automatically detects these types of events and indicates them in the log. Failed dog jumps, slowing down so you don't pass the hottie in front of you quite as soon, running slower because you're thinking about beer (or drinking a beer), that kind of thing.

Love the Half

I need to invent a running watch that automatically detects these types of events and indicates them in the log. Failed dog jumps, slowing down so you don't pass the hottie in front of you quite as soon, running slower because you're thinking about beer (or drinking a beer), that kind of thing.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat.  

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Very cool, nice article..