Beginners and Beyond

Now that that's over: MonDAILIES! (Read 41 times)

LRB

The only reason I paint is because painters charge more than doctors now.

Half Crazy K 2.0

The only reason I paint is because painters charge more than doctors now.

We've never looked at the cost, we've painted almost every damn room in the house at least once. But if we were to ever get rid of the wallpaper in our foyer, I'm sure it would be a huge check to a painter.

LRB

We've never looked at the cost, we've painted almost every damn room in the house at least once. But if we were to ever get rid of the wallpaper in our foyer, I'm sure it would be a huge check to a painter.

I'm no cheapskate by any means but these fools up here are out of their rabbit ass minds, it's painting ffs. Is there skill involved? For sure, but it's painting ffs.

LRB

I ended up walking 3.4 total miles today and doing yard work. I may or may not run tomorrow as extensive walking does a number on my legs. It sounds weird but for me, it's true.

onemile

I ran 7.

No more marathons

I ended up walking 3.4 total miles today and doing yard work. I may or may not run tomorrow as extensive walking does a number on my legs. It sounds weird but for me, it's true.

I'm with you LRB.  A three mile walk is more tiring than a four or five mile run.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

Cyberic, do you think you really need another 18 week cycle? Have you considered a 12-weeks of marathon specific training instead?

LRB

I'm with you LRB.  A three mile walk is more tiring than a four or five mile run.

If it weren't for the jeans I was wearing, I would've just ran that second time. lol

workinprogress11

SRD

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The K9's and I ran 4.1 miles earlier, Dorian enjoyed the comforts of the stroller.....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Cyberic, do you think you really need another 18 week cycle? Have you considered a 12-weeks of marathon specific training instead?

I checked the Pfitz 18-70 plan, and was discouraged just looking at the first weeks.

I have a slight cold and everything seemed like a chore today, so I'm not deciding anything just yet. But right now I'm considering not racing at all in the fall, as much as running a marathon, and eveything in between.

So yes, a 12 week plan is a possibility. I'm also thinking I could just do no marathon specific training, except for the weekly long run, and just do normal speed work on Tuesdays and Threshold work on Thursdays. I really don't know.

Docket_Rocket

I checked the Pfitz 18-70 plan, and was discouraged just looking at the first weeks.

I have a slight cold and everything seemed like a chore today, so I'm not deciding anything just yet. But right now I'm considering not racing at all in the fall, as much as running a marathon, and eveything in between.

So yes, a 12 week plan is a possibility. I'm also thinking I could just do no marathon specific training, except for the weekly long run, and just do normal speed work on Tuesdays and Threshold work on Thursdays. I really don't know.

Pfitz has the 12-70 plan!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ran 9 on the TM.  Only one coughing attack.  Good.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page