Beginners and Beyond

What's in your home gym? (Read 124 times)

Pinktastic

What's in my home gym?    NOT me if I can help it!!   ;-)

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

yeoldefatguy

Spin bike I picked up cheap (it's actually in the living room right now because I've been riding it so much)

Smith machine that I picked up cheap. It also has cable assemblies for low and high pulley work.

Olympic set with about 400 pounds of olympic weights

The old school Weider dumbbells with the screw on collars and about 150 pounds of standard weights

EZ-Curl bar

100 pound heavy bag

A few jump ropes

I'm currently building a new speed bag platform. My old one broke, but I got about three years out of it. Not bad for an old table top.

A homemade kettlebell that I made out of concrete and rebar. I have never used it.

A couple of stability balls

An 8 and 12 pound medicine ball.

Adjustable incline bench

Flat bench that is currently covered in boxes of old baseball and football cards. Anybody interested in a bunch of old trading cards?

Village people

Umm...

Treadmill

Erg

Free weights w/bench and a bunch of bars.

Heavy bag

MrNamtor

i have not used any gym equipment except a treadmill maybe 5-6 times since about April of 2011. My current workout habits and routines started when I began to think about how I would stay in shape if civilization collapsed and we had no gym equipment.

I know, I'm crazy.

kaleidoscopeEyes

In my basement:

TV/DVD player (and I sometimes bring my laptop down there to follow instructionals off the net or to play music)

DVDs

Yoga mat (which I use for ab/plank work, not actually for yoga because I don't do yoga)

Dumbbells

Wrist weights

Kettle bells

Foam roller

Old running shoes

Jump rope

Resistance bands

Medicine ball

Towels

Laundry basket

Scale

Drying rack to hang sweaty clothes which I will wear the next day because I'm grody like that

Mini fridge with bottled water

I want to put mirrors along one wall so I can see my form.

Docket_Rocket

Adjustable dumbbells

Bands

Medicine ball

Exercise balls (these sound kinky)

Step

mat

Adjustable kettlebells

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Several shovels, an axe for splitting wood, and a snowblower ;p

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I wish I had a home gym. I live in a one bedroom apartment in NYC! I do have a "home gym corner" of my living room though shoved behind a chair. Stability ball, 5lb weights, 2lb weights, resistance band, yoga mat. And I have a Wii that I use mostly for exercise (though I don't do it as much as I used to) with Wii Fit, Zumba for Wii, and Just Dance 2 (awesome cardio workout). Also a few yoga, Pilates, and other exercise DVDs. I'm bad at working out at home though. I do sometimes...maybe once a week....but I focus better at the gym.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Better I Leave

Several shovels, an axe for splitting wood, and a snowblower ;p

LOL! I have that too! It is indeed an awesome workout swinging a splitting maul to create a few cords of wood, yeah? I feel so good splitting firewood.

Sloooow.

I don't really have a home gym, but my little corner of the dining room has a Nordic Track Incline Trainer and my iPod Smile Not so little corner though, it's massive.

Netflix workout videos? I had no idea those were on there. Would you mind sharing the names of some of the ones you use and like?

in our big living room we have a

-treadmill that my wife and my brother use.

- a bike on a trainer that I just got but have only tried once.

- a piece of 3" PVC pipe that I use as a roller

- a jump rope that my brother uses or my son uses to torment people with.

- 42" TV - has netflix to do workout videos.

- speakers to attach to the Ipod

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

bluerun

Super B****

Variously spread all over the place... an elliptical, a recumbent bike, some sort of "cardio glide" contraption.  Never use those, really.  I would use the elliptical but apparently my sacrum doesn't like it.

A bike trainer which is turning out to have been a wise investment indeed.

Yoga mat, blocks, assorted bands and free weights, and a Swiss ball, which hardly ever see usage either because I don't like that sort of thing, I like running!  And a foam roller and a Rumble Roller, which do see quite a bit of use.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Jess runs for bacon

Wow it seems like a lot of you prefer the bike trainer over a stationary. Any particular reason?

Just B.S.

Wow it seems like a lot of you prefer the bike trainer over a stationary. Any particular reason?

Because I can put my road bike on it during the winter. That way my butt stays used to body

position and the hours on the  hard seat and I don't have to  put out the $$ for a stationary,

because the road  bike cost enough $$$?LOL

Plus the trainer is a small piece of equipment that can be easily put away during the summer

months.

Jess runs for bacon

Because I can put my road bike on it during the winter. That way my butt stays used to body

position and the hours on the  hard seat and I don't have to  put out the $$ for a stationary,

because the road  bike cost enough $$$?LOL

Plus the trainer is a small piece of equipment that can be easily put away during the summer

months.

That's what I was thinking. Now how do you keep track of your miles?