Beginners and Beyond

How to turn around a lowsey AM run... (Read 56 times)

bobruns

I was just having the worst run this morning.  I really hate running in the am but since I have to work late tonight and my May goal is to “stay on track with my HM training”, out the door I went.  I swear my head didn’t even feel like it was attached to my lower body.  There was no rhythm to the run at all.  Then 2 miles in I startled a flock of spoonbills.  I don’t know if you have ever seen them but they are pink and big and in a flock of 8-10 very beautiful.  The bunch only moved about 10 feet so I got to watch them for a minute.  It made my run totally worth it.  I think I smiled the rest of the way home.  My next e-mail will be to the friend to encouraged me to purchase prescription sun glasses for running so I could see what is going on around me.  I really enjoy my runs so much more now. 

Enjoy your run today.  I know I did (in the end&hellipWink

Buelligan

This is the time of year I have to side step lots of goose shit on my riverwalk route.  They sure like to poop a lot.

LRB

I feel the same way about running in the evening, but my fitness quest began in earnest a million years ago while my kids were in school (different scools and start/end times), and doing that whole thing. 

I learned early on that the only way to ensure my workouts, was to do them before my day started.  That carried over to my running life so it came pretty natural.  I have however, taken to running in the evening on Tuesday and it has gotten a lot easier, so maybe there is hope for me after all. 

Good day for you though!

Love the Half

This is the time of year I have to side step lots of goose shit on my riverwalk route.  They sure like to poop a lot.

Heh.  I've been staying in Akron for Army Reserve duty and running along the Ohio and Erie Canal Trail.  If you run south, there is goose poop everywhere.  If you run north, it's not bad at all.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

happylily

Sometimes, it's not the run itself that makes it wonderful. It's just life being on its best behavior for us, just as we happen to be running. Moments like those are worth as much, if not more, than any fast runs we can accomplish. I'm glad you experienced such a run this morning, bobruns! Smile

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

And freaking slick...