Beginners and Beyond

Back to School TuesDAILIES (Read 35 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My husband works this weekend and I work through Thursday, maybe Friday (waiting to hear).  We can't leave but as soon as we hear if hubby needs to be in the hospital, we are gone.  Carrying 4 cats, a bunch of INKnBURN and computers and stuff.  That should be fun.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Switched things around, so RD today.  Hubby is still running and I just got in.  That's how crazy it is out there. I saw three accidents, huge lines for gas, etc.

Damaris

More on my short race yesterday. On the FB page, still no standalone posts from people, but they posted a link to the results. Under that are 33 comments from people complaining about the distance. What I did not realize was this race supposedly served as the Northwest USATF Half Marathon Championship, attracting elite runners from 6 states. Not sure exactly what that means, but the top 3 OA finishers were between 1:05-1:10, pretty good even for 12.5. So yeah, some pretty pissed of folks there. Still no acknowledgement of any kind from the RD.

Now on the FB page:

"It has been brought to our attention that the Half Marathon course was short. We apologize for this and ask anyone that was using the Labor Day Half as a qualifying run to email us directly to address the issue."

Curious to know what they will do.

Dave

Runshortii

I ran 9 with

1 mile 5k pace
          4 minutes rest
          3 miles HM
          4 minutes rest
          4x400m

Nice workout!

I ran 8

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body weights and core.

Docket, I'm surprised that with the state of emergency you can't work from home/get the heck outta dodge. Does your husband work in an outpatient type setting? Hopefully they would start cancelling or closing all but the essential departments.

DavePNW, that's a rather non-answer. Most of the short races I've done have been very open as to why. Aside from the one half, which never acknowledged it, course I should have noticed the missing mile 13 on the map.

Runshortii

My husband works this weekend and I work through Thursday, maybe Friday (waiting to hear).  We can't leave but as soon as we hear if hubby needs to be in the hospital, we are gone.  Carrying 4 cats, a bunch of INKnBURN and computers and stuff.  That should be fun.

Stay safe! When are they forecasting it to hit?

DavePNW, that's a rather non-answer. Most of the short races I've done have been very open as to why. Aside from the one half, which never acknowledged it, course I should have noticed the missing mile 13 on the map.

Yeah. Either explain why it happened or that you are investigating why it happened, and either way how you will make sure it doesn't happen again. I guess they are assuming there is a small percentage of "serious" runners who really care, and most people got their medal and their shirt and DGAF.

Incidentally, the shirt was a long sleeve half-zip pullover, so I guess that was nice.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Upper body weights and core.

Docket, I'm surprised that with the state of emergency you can't work from home/get the heck outta dodge. Does your husband work in an outpatient type setting? Hopefully they would start cancelling or closing all but the essential departments.

My husband is a hospitalist which is why we might be stuck.

We both got home late so I took my RD so hubby can run.

We don't really stock on much.  Electricity will go away the same day it starts if not sooner so no hot food will occur.  We just buy bread, ham and cheese and that is it.  We don't buy water, but we fill up one of the bathtubs, and a couple of gallons from the tap. We have a box of Boost (hubby's breakfasts) and a bunch of Gatorade, so that is enough.  I have learned from prior ones that you either lose everything (in which case all you bought is lost) or it's not as bad as you hope.  There never seems to be a middle.

Also, being runners, we have a shit ton of peanut butter, milk (his), and a bunch of other stuff that will have enough nutrition for a while.  AND VODKA!

People are crazy.  Took me 2 hours to find gas and that was only because I was empty.  Otherwise, I would have waited.  Saw two accidents today.  People need to chill the fuck down.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Stay safe! When are they forecasting it to hit?

Saturday afternoon should be close enough.  That should give me time to run in the morning, I hope. Wink

Damaris

And, they can't really evacuate 5 million people. If they tried, more people would get injured or killed in that chaos than if they stayed put in the storm.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And, they can't really evacuate 5 million people. If they tried, more people would get injured or killed in that chaos than if they stayed put in the storm.

Doubt they will.  They Keys are being evacuated because there is only one road to exit.  Miami Beach is an evacuation zone but apart from those I assume will be it.

Damaris

Doubt they will.  They Keys are being evacuated because there is only one road to exit.  Miami Beach is an evacuation zone but apart from those I assume will be it.

Do you still have family/friends in PR? Looks like things will be really ugly there.

Dave