Beginners and Beyond

Suck-It Saturdailies! (Read 41 times)

Runshortii

Freesoul- that sucks Sad

i ran 5 after work. I worked the past three days and picked up this morning like an idiot, but at least it’s done

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.7 miles.

Freesoul, that sucks!

Zzyxx, way to reach your goal!

Docket_Rocket

Been coughing all day, ugh. Hoping it's the mold in my office and not me getting sick. Either choice is not good, lol.

4 TM miles done.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I've drank damn near a gallon of water since that stupid run. Odd since it was cold and raining.

GinnyinPA

Warm and windy day - 72 with 16 mph winds - made for a hard run. I did 5.7 miles.

Freesoul - sorry you missed your race.

Zzyxx - Nice to make your goal, even if it wasn't the best you can do under ideal circumstances.

RunningOnSand

Was that GMP? With a HM PR pace of 8:05, it should've been a nice cruise for you. It probably just wasn't your day. I actually went out yesterday to run the workout I did today and I didn't do it. It seemed from the outset I needed another day so that is what I did. How'd you feel?

Actually, the kicker is that GMP is closer to 8:20. So this really should've felt like a walk in the park. Sad I felt pretty beat up; I was in the full sun and actually got sun burned (It hit 70 during the last portion of my run--MN is starting to heat up!). I love the nice warm sun for everything else besides running. I guess it took it out of me. 

I'm thinking it sounds like your body really needed the water. Have you had some foods really high in sodium lately?

I'm currently making this for our Easter dessert.

Runshortii

Actually, the kicker is that GMP is closer to 8:20. So this really should've felt like a walk in the park. Sad I felt pretty beat up; I was in the full sun and actually got sun burned (It hit 70 during the last portion of my run--MN is starting to heat up!). I love the nice warm sun for everything else besides running. I guess it took it out of me. 

I'm thinking it sounds like your body really needed the water. Have you had some foods really high in sodium lately?

I'm currently making this for our Easter dessert.

That dessert looks awesome!

my guess is the heat just took it out of you. I always take some time to adjust during the first few warmish runs

RunningOnSand

That dessert looks awesome!

my guess is the heat just took it out of you. I always take some time to adjust during the first few warmish runs

I’m really excited to eat the dessert tomorrow 😁 Yeah I bet you’re right; I hope I actually do adjust to the heat. 🤞🏼

It's been nearly a week. 

Be careful what you wish for. It’s a beast.

Dave