Beginners and Beyond

Hey Wednesday Penguins - I Used To Bowl A Lot, So I'm In Pretty Good Shape! (Read 238 times)

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Morning!! 

I am heading out today between 12-1 for a few miles w/ a friend! 

We are supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow this weekend! I can't wait even though I was hoping for a little bit more than that!

I can't wait for my first "run" in the snow either! 

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Docket_Rocket

That is an awesome gift!  Enjoy!

OH!!! And check out this Christmas present that arrived in the mail yesterday from my friend from college who lives in Baltimore, the one who got me to finally stick with running:

For my bibs!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Gustav - You have the best stories, and jokes.  I hope your ankle gets feeling better soon.  Keep up the ice.

Kristi - I've had a gym membership since I was in Junior High, and to this day I can't stand a crowded gym.  I feel your pain.  At least you're dedicated enough to get your work done.  It's almost that time of year when the New Years resolution people start pouring in.  You'll have an extra 100 people with absolutely no gym etiquette.  There's no sense in trying to teach them any either, because they'll all be gone by March.

Docket - Busy can be a good thing.  Hope you're having a great day.

Dave - I bet there are more miles later in your day.  It's not that you need them, I just don't think you can resist.

Bill - Isn't that how it always is just before the holidays? 

Jerry - Mentioning "hump" day, and then your dw....not sure if you did that on purpose.  lol

Phillie - Good morning to you as well :-)

kristin - Way to tough it out.  I'm starting to get my attire figured out for various conditions, and I think I'm getting a bit tougher where weather is concerned.  It's an interesting process.  That bibFOLIO is an awesome idea.  I've never seen one before.

Tomas - Have some fun on your RD.

Scotty - That is some crazy weather.  Seems like that type of temperature change would present some special challenges.

AFM - I'm really stoked about my running streak, and the numbers racking up.  I also woke up this morning to find that I've lost another 1.5 pounds.  That's pretty good with all of the holiday food I've been eating.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

That was part of a conversation where a non-runner said that years ago he ran a 5k marathon and did the first mile in 4 minutes. He didn't train either because he used to bowl a lot and was in pretty good shape. 

AFM - yes I am on the injured list. It's my left ankle/foot. It was something I felt after a 9 mile run. It was on the mend when the "gangnam style" dancing set it off again. I am typing this while eating breakfast and icing my ankle.

Yesterday was a full body workout at the gym with thera-band exercises, core work, and stretching at home.

Scotty - did you get your truck back yet from the repair shop?

kristi - no time frame yet. I love Thai food. Indian food too. Neither one is a good pre-run food though!

OOPA gangnam style. LOL. that made my laugh out loud for real!! and so did you 5K to Couch yesterday or whenever that was. 

Hope you feel better. 

My first races EVER! 

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Kristi, sleeping in is always good.. Smile I like Thai food.. I can take spicy stuff and it doesn't really affect my running..

Gustav, 4min miles is damm fast.. Must be a sight to see him go..

AFM, 5 easy mile today with 3 x 100 strides.. Bought DW an iphone 5.. Will be wrapping it up tmr when she's off to inlaw place and surprise her on Friday..

AHH! I've been wanting an iPhone 5. I have the 4s now. But back in September I didn't have it in m yOtterbox case a lot because it was such a pain to take it out and put it back in every day (back when I ran on a normal basis before school got crazyy)...and one day ....it took to dive and face planted right on the cement. The whole front screen is cracked and I now have to keep it in my Otterbox so the glass pieces don't fall out! (with the case it didn't fit into my armband)

I am due for an upgrade in january UNLESS DH used his upgrade (dec 13) and got me one for Chrsitmas but I doubt it since I asked for winter running gear and the new Garmin forerunner watch. OH well!

Someday! 

My first races EVER! 

BradyS71

Fast Penquin

Hey All!

We my run this morning was AWESOME!  I was late getting to bed (cleaning the house for the impending parental arrival) and then read (rassan frassan kindle update lets you read comics so I got sucked into the Walking Dead comic) late.  So I started out after 6:30 and needed to be done before 730 so I can call my DS before he heads to school.  Instead of a slow jog through the parking lot I just took off, looked at teh Garmin at mile 1 and say 8:26 pace, and thought okay lets do this.  One of my goals is to run faster then 8 mpm on that run with a secondary goal of the whole route (5.22 miles) in under 40 minutes (7:30), these are next years goals.  Well I kept pushing and pushing and watched my pace drop.

Finished with an average pace of 8:03 so close...  But this was after a decently hard run yesterday and no speedwork since October so I am feeling pretty good!

Mile 1 8:26

Mile 2 8:08

Mile 3 8:07

Mile 4 7:54

Mile 5 7:49

Last bit 7:26

While its not Dave fast I am pretty happy.  Now I just have to find a 5K and try to go sub 25.

Tick: I'm sure millions of viewers out there are just wondering what it's like to wear the tights of justice. Well, it's tingly and it's uncomfortable, but it gets the job done and, oh, the job of it.

Zelanie

Well I didn't get my run in yesterday.  I got back from DD's choir concert and just wanted to sleep.  So tonight I have something at work until 7, so will try to run when I get home from that.

Gustav- I hope that the ankle is better soon!  That must be so frustrating!

Brady- Nice pace!  You are ready for your sub-25 for sure!

Awood- My dad used to work in steel alloys before he retired.  He worked with Vanadium.  When people asked what he did I told them he was the "master of the 23rd element".  Mostly because beyond that I didn't know!

Kristin- Love the bib folio!

Docket_Rocket

Gustav - You have the best stories, and jokes.  I hope your ankle gets feeling better soon.  Keep up the ice.

Kristi - I've had a gym membership since I was in Junior High, and to this day I can't stand a crowded gym.  I feel your pain.  At least you're dedicated enough to get your work done.  It's almost that time of year when the New Years resolution people start pouring in.  You'll have an extra 100 people with absolutely no gym etiquette.  There's no sense in trying to teach them any either, because they'll all be gone by March.

Docket - Busy can be a good thing.  Hope you're having a great day.

Dave - I bet there are more miles later in your day.  It's not that you need them, I just don't think you can resist.

Bill - Isn't that how it always is just before the holidays? 

Jerry - Mentioning "hump" day, and then your dw....not sure if you did that on purpose.  lol

Phillie - Good morning to you as well :-)

kristin - Way to tough it out.  I'm starting to get my attire figured out for various conditions, and I think I'm getting a bit tougher where weather is concerned.  It's an interesting process.  That bibFOLIO is an awesome idea.  I've never seen one before.

Tomas - Have some fun on your RD.

Scotty - That is some crazy weather.  Seems like that type of temperature change would present some special challenges.

AFM - I'm really stoked about my running streak, and the numbers racking up.  I also woke up this morning to find that I've lost another 1.5 pounds.  That's pretty good with all of the holiday food I've been eating.

Why?  Because of all the BS here (I don't mean penguins here, you know what I mean)? Joking

A coworker came to work today IN PAJAMAS!  WTF?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

AHH! I've been wanting an iPhone 5. I have the 4s now. But back in September I didn't have it in m yOtterbox case a lot because it was such a pain to take it out and put it back in every day (back when I ran on a normal basis before school got crazyy)...and one day ....it took to dive and face planted right on the cement. The whole front screen is cracked and I now have to keep it in my Otterbox so the glass pieces don't fall out! (with the case it didn't fit into my armband)

I am due for an upgrade in january UNLESS DH used his upgrade (dec 13) and got me one for Chrsitmas but I doubt it since I asked for winter running gear and the new Garmin forerunner watch. OH well!

Someday! 

Been meaning to tell you I love your new avi!  And yes, buy the 5.  It's awesome.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Damaris, sort of a pfitz workouts. I'm preparing for my 1.5M test this sat.
                      Scotty, haa. Hope my $ goes to their bonus. Maybe it's a sweatshop in India. Just kidding.
                      Tori, not sure how DW will like it. She's currently using the ip4. The only diff I know is faster 4G and a longer phone. Haa. Hope she won't think I'm being a spendthrift.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Singer who runs a smidge

Good morning, Penguins!!  I got my W3D1 done last night with Dusty and DH.  DH's Garmin battery died, so he doesn't actually know how far he ran.  He's faster than me, so he and Dusty kept looping back to catch up with me so I could shout out the intervals.  I think Dusty was a little confused by that -- he kept rolling his eyes to look back at me and DH.  I think I'll swim today -- that nearly deserted pool is like a siren call.  And today is my Friday, woo-hoo!!  So tomorrow is W3D2, baking, and a chorus performance, and then Friday is W3D3 and driving down to NC.  

Kristi -- mmm, warm bed!!  I can't run in the mornings in winter, I just love my warm bed too much!

Gustav -- hey, bowling ain't exactly sitting on the couch!!

Bin -- woo-hoo for your miles and strides!  I think DH got me a book, but I don't know what book.  He is getting Lego Lord of the Rings for the Wii.

Docket -- have a good some sort of run!!

D2 -- woo-hoo for getting your miles in!!

Bill -- woo-hoo to you as well for getting your miles in!!

Jerryb -- have fun with DW!!

Phillie -- good luck on your 5!!

kristin -- I also keep getting surprised by the wind.  You'd think I would learn ....  Cool present!!

T-Rod -- have a good SRD!!

Scotty -- have a good hot weather run!!  And then try not to freeze ...

Tori -- have fun running with your friend!!

Awood -- I'm not looking forward to when the students are all back at the gym after New Years with "resolutions" ...

Brady -- nice run!!

Zelanie -- good luck getting everything in!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Wandering Wally

Morning all!

Last night I got in 6.2 miles.  Too cloudy for stargazing along the way.  Boo!  Major snow on the way for tomorrow and Friday so getting my runs in this week will be interesting.  Planning 8 miles for tonight.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

It's 58 here but feels like 28!  Smile  Actually, it did get down to 38 last night and that is pretty cold for here. It should be around 63 today.Tonight,  I should be able to spare my DDs the disgust and leave my tights in the drawer.  I have a 5 mile tempo run on tap and will try for a 7:45 pace.  Mre importantly, today is my last day! Vacation time... YEAH BABY!!!  DW and I will be wrapping and cooking for the next few days. Santa is bringing us both an iPhone5 but we can't open them yet because of older DD. She is also getting one and they have to be activated at the same time, blah blah blah... Sorry, I digress. 

Have a great day. 

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Good morning guys!!

I can't keep up with all of you and it's still morning.   Smile     My schedule this week is so out of the ordinary since I'm now off of work and I have a friend in town.  I did a morning run because we are going to have a very busy day/night (Christmas shopping/sightseeing/visiting some people/etc.) and I didn't want to have to worry about trying to squeeze it in tonight.  On my run I was passed by a shirtless man. It was only 930am and already 68°!!   

Hope you guys have a great day!!  

Don't believe everything you think. 

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Hey all!  7.72 miles outside today.  I had taken a week of SRD.  Felt great out there.  Forecast has 10-16" of blowing and drifting snow over the next couple of days - how exciting!  LOL   Saturday I will be running outside unless it is just aweful - celebrate my birthday with a solid outside run.