Beginners and Beyond

Nice and peaceful Sunday Morning Riverwalk Run/Walk - photos (Read 15 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Love running on the Riverwalk on early Sunday morning.  Tourists still asleep in their hotel beds, just a few workers and police and so forth out, lots of room to run without having to adjust for any riverwalk crowds.

My start and finish point was VFW Post 76 which is right along the Riverwalk

photo 014_zpsgtgusq1o.jpg

photo 015_zpsujqmfk6c.jpg

A few of my fellow veterans from Team RWB were there to do a training run for the upcoming Rock n Roll Half/Marathon.   There were also some "Honor Guard' folks there, who I think were doing a funeral later at Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery

photo 001_zpsi2x5qnzb.jpg

Me and my friend and  fellow 'old grizzled vet", John

photo 002_zpsa9hlomoh.jpg

They went on to do their long run for their upcoming events and I went on to do a 3.4 mile easy run/walk along the Riverwalk to keep my legs 'fresh' for my upcoming very hilly 5-mile San Antonio Roadrunners Whine Run on Labor Day.

Riverwalk area right behind the VFW Post

photo 012_zps7qspkyla.jpg

photo 010_zpsin4wpvyv.jpg

The 'locks' a little down from the VFW

photo 003_zpsossclzwq.jpg

photo 004_zpsi33tjzbi.jpg

Ran down to near the Rivercenter, where there is a mall, restaurants, river barge tour access, etc.

photo 005_zpsrtcewudy.jpg

Up this ramp with a scenic little waterfall to get to HemisFair Park - 1968 home of the World's Fair

photo 007_zpspjj8urun.jpg

- where Tower of The Americas is located

photo 008_zpsvr9mk7wm.jpg

Running on the street now and past The Alamo

photo 009_zpsxm1cezqc.jpg

And back to the VFW, with the 'front cannons' welcoming me

photo 016_zpsrzkoac3z.jpg

Nice outing.  Now I can "chill" all day, resting my legs up for that very hilly 5-miler tomorrow.  Good day to stay inside in San Antonio, weather folks are predicting we will hit 101 degrees today, sheesh.  When the heck does Fall start?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brilliant

That's beautiful.  I've never seen the Riverwalk NOT chock-full of tourists!

Docket_Rocket

That is gorgeous.  Thanks for sharing.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Great photos!  There is so much to see there!