Beginners and Beyond

More Good Running News (Read 69 times)

Sometimes one may feel life events conspire to limit your running during the week.  Well, thanks to an understanding boss regarding my current commute time (2  cumulative hours per day) in metro Atlanta, the hours available to run has now been increased.

Today my boss approved me working from home several days per week with the usual caveats (be onsite for meetings when necessary, when my fellow peer is out of the office, and make an appearance onsite  at least once a week otherwise).

So I envision three days per week working from home.  Thus, netting increased weekly mileage and  continued weight loss.

Within a few weeks, my hardware will be available to install at home.

One happy runner.

BTW, it's been 16 years of this type of commute so I'm looking forward to the change.

Rich

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

That's a pretty sweet deal. I'm glad you got that worked out. I know it's a huge benefit, especially for those that live out of town.

Where I work they have an on-going pilot. The caveats are a bit more strict because you can't have anyone else at home during work hours, including a spouse. They have been expanding it with pressure coming from the main business people to save on a cubicle for an employee. From a technical point-of-view it makes my life more difficult (because I'm in the technical field). If a user is having a problem then we have to add in their internet connection from home to the mix and it becomes a real bear to troubleshoot what the root problem is.

- Andrew

Andrew - my boss knows that I do not have small children at home and my wife works as a school teacher.  It's based upon his opinion whether you are "babysitting" your kids.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Docket_Rocket

My commute is only an hour (14 miles) but I do appreciate the working from home days.  Time to run, time to run, and no time on the run.  Nice!

No kids are supposed to be in the house.  I guess I got that one covered.  Still, my bitchy coworker yelled that my cats must be inside a bedroom all day because they qualified as being my kids.  I cannot argue with her there....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Congrats!  That's great news!  I'd be careful about that plan for continues weight loss, the kitchen will be right there, all day long! 

Very nice!

Dave

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Congrats!  That's great news!  I'd be careful about that plan for continues weight loss, the kitchen will be right there, all day long! 

keep the handy snacks healthy and track if calories and it should be ok.

It's much harder when tasty high calorie snacks are close at hand.

Cool, good news indeed, Bo.

I'm a bit jealous of those of you who can work at home sometimes.  Only a couple hours of my week involve stuff that could be done remotely.