Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES, Take Three (Read 56 times)

outoftheblue

It's funny,  it was those tiny, innocent looking bumps at miles 22-23 that were the proverbial straw that just about broke my legs.   And I wasn't the only one.  When I rounded a corner and saw yet another incline up, all around me I could hear little moans of despair and mutterings about another damn hill.

Elevation profile of the SF Marathon.  I'm surprised I finished, LOL:

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

I have a video in FB saying basically, after many uphills, we got this nice downhill.  Wait, is that another uphill?  Fuck!

I saw plenty of people with shot legs from running the downhills too fast and for hitting the hills too hard.  I was there to have fun and wasn't afraid to walk the bad uphills and I did.  Not worth it for me to shot my legs.  You did a great job!

It's funny,  it was those tiny, innocent looking bumps at miles 22-23 that were the proverbial straw that just about broke my legs.   And I wasn't the only one.  When I rounded a corner and saw yet another incline up, all around me I could hear little moans of despair and mutterings about another damn hill.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Congrats oob and DR! What a scary looking course, but I bet there were some amazing views!

10 @ 7:58 w/ 8 strides

Oski, fantastic four. I prefer chocolate ice cream and peanut butterSmile

AprilRunner, I'm glad that you were able to take it outside with your RP.

Damaris, outoftheblue, that hill profile looks brutal.

B-Plus, terrific ten.

Weights, push-ups, and ab work are done.

Good nightSmile

Will run for scenery.

Whew! Back to feeling (almost) human after trashing my legs Saturday.  Walked 3 miles at lunch, then ran 6 on the TM at 11:30.  Legs felt pretty good, biggest struggle was rhe boredom.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

OOTB- UHMMM Mile 5?!?! Holy crap! My version of huge ass hill is barely a bump on this course....wow!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hi dailies:

Basya - hope that congestion clears up for you

Step - busy day

Marjorie - hi

DaveP - boo to insomnia

Baboon - nice run, even with precursors to a zombie apocalypse going on all around you

JerryB - hi

Kristin - some days need to be longer than 24 hours

D - ugh, feel better

jjs - have fun

Robert - hey

Tom - take care of the blister

Zel - hope so

Ric-G - oh. my. That's elevation data from a hot air balloon ride, right? Wink

lilac - the lightning would be less boring but slightly more dangerous.  Good call.

Rick - wow, nice times

Oski - also, orange fingerprints are not cool on paperwork that gets turned in.  Nasty things.

April - nice of you to fit in a RP who isn't on the same mileage page that you are

B+ - good 10

10.4 at GMP plus :13, felt a bit tired at the beginning but then got in a groove.  Maybe mowing the entire lawn beforehand wasn't the best idea, but it had to get done today.  Another redneck risked my life today, this time it was flooring the pedal and then moving into the oncoming lane to "buzz" a couple feet away from behind at probably 60 MPH or more.  I'm running with rocks in hand out here now.