Beginners and Beyond

Cool New Features (Read 300 times)

Cool new features... 

1)  You actually get emails when someone responds to a thread that you've subscribed to.  I never could get that to work on that "other" site. 

2)  There doesn't appear to be any post counts, so we all have a chance now... 

On an unrelated running note, I lost 2 toenails tonight.  I've been waiting for them to fall off.  Yippee, tonight's hot tub soak did the trick.  The bad news, the new nail growing under one of the old ones is already bruised and I guess I'll lose it now too in a few weeks.  It's a never ending cycle with that toe.  

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

runmomto3boys

Cool.  Good stuff!  Well, except as it pertains to the toe nail situation.  Yikers!!!  I hope those bad boys grow back quickly.  I haven't lost one yet.  (knock on wood!)

runfoolery

Dang. i've never lost a toenail to running. Hope that continues.

I always got emails to threads I accidentally subscribed to on RWOL. Funny.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Yeah, I remember getting emails too from accidental subscriptions from the RW site.

And never actually lost a toe nail, but my big toe was black after my first marathon.  Plus, I've been battling nail fungus on that toe for like a year now (TMI, I know).

Antipodean

I like how you can see how many people have opened up a thread for a peek but never replied. Nosy people... oops, forgot I'm a hard-core lurker at heart. I remember when that 'other' site had that feature too (or am I remembering a different forum altogether? My memory may be playing tricks).

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

On an unrelated running note, I lost 2 toenails tonight.  

If you save them eventually you will be able to make a necklace. It makes a great conversation piece at running expos!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Shakedown Street

how about it does not take 20 seconds for a page to load!!!!

I think we all need to chip in for the traffic we are putting on their servers. This place is VERY nice.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

toyger

Any pics, Van?

Jen

I think it's probably best to NOT post the pics.  Smile

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Please. Don't.

Supersono99

If you save them eventually you will be able to make a necklace. It makes a great conversation piece at running expos!

Oh yuck! And, no, no pics please!

Maybe your other emails went to spam folder, that'd be ironic. 

xor

Also, in case you haven't noticed yet, linking pics here is easier than RWOL.  Except for pics on your hard drive that you might want to post.  RA doesn't suck them up like RWOL did... instead you have to load them elsewhere (I like http://tinypic.com) and then link them.

LRB

For the win!