Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins, kicking back with a milkshake! (Read 11 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

It's National Chocolate Milkshake Day, though I'm going to bend the rules and say that any flavor milkshake will do.  Hopefully you all have power now and your ice cream remains frozen!!  Planning on a walk after lunch, if our clouds don't morph into sprinkles.

Docket, are you back on the grid yet?

Zel, did your frozen stuff survive?

Ginny, loving this early fall weather!!  It's nice to be in between the "AC time" and the "heat time".

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

No power still, FFS. I am so pissed.  We got power through the storm but they took us down on purpose now to fix something and they just haven't.  92F inside the house.  Couldn't sleep so hubby got me a hotel room (hard to come by).

I have 7 with 2 at tempo if this place has a TM.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Hey!

I'm spending time on the neighborhood website trying to add a little reality check to the people angry that their power hasn't been restored and 'it's unacceptable to wait days/weeks since this sub-division is mostly seniors'. I want to say 'Florida is mostly seniors!!!', but it would probably be better if someone in their age group said it. Now, they've started complaining about the trash not being picked up.

Most of the county (and the state of Florida) is without power. This morning, estimates are 6.5 million in the state and 50,000+ in the county. We are so lucky.

We've spent the morning getting things back to before the hurricane scare condition inside and clean up outside. I offered our home to a widow that is without power and phone. Waiting for an answer.

I think I will run a bit tonight since the TM room is no longer an emergency safe room.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Damaris, we have a spare bedroom. Smile

And a TM.

Docket_Rocket

Damaris, we have a spare bedroom. Smile

And a TM.

Thank you!  I am pissed because we didn't lose power. It was taken out on purpose.  Why not leave us with until they are really going to be working on it?  There are no trucks here working on any power outages.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

D and Stealthrnr - I hope you get your power back soon.  A friend in Cocoa Beach was complaining that the noise of all the generators was driving her crazy. Better than flooding or a tree through your roof.

HM - did you get your milkshake?

I'm going to try to join the Beer Runners this evening for 4 miles. It's someplace I've never run, which I usually enjoy, as long as I can keep up with the group and don't get lost.  Of course, that's assuming I can find the place at all. One of the members offered to host us from his house.

Docket_Rocket

I prefer generator noise than complete silence.

We have power. Yay.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Yay!