Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES : Caffeine Addicts Unite (Read 54 times)

3 slow ones on the treadmill.......I'm going to start the Hal Higdon 5k intermediate 8 week plan for my 2nd 5k in march. I need the structure so hopefully it helps?

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

9 mile long run yesterday.  Had some semblance of negative splits, which made me happy.  3-6 recovery miles on the docket for later tonight!

rkymtnanna- nice mileage this month!

RunTomRun- I hope your recovery miles went well!

So_Im_a_Runner- I'm glad your run went so well!

DaveP MI- Nice run!  Having a supportive running community really does help.

StepbyStep-SH

Heidi — I just realized you ran your 20 on an indoor track! Holy cow, lady. I would still be leaning to the side going in circles - at least on our 10-laps-to-a-mile track. :hail:

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Rmt3b...thanks. Super run for you too! Turning it on to MP after 12 isn't easy at all, especially on an indoor track.

Dave...killer run for you, well fueled and everything ha. I might need to rethink giving men underwear recommendations...feels odd haha. Glad they worked though, they are awesome.

Rkym...thank you! Congrats on your great month and all the running you did today.

Step...Nice job with the progression and fighting that pesky TM.

Good recovery miles. Sorry you can't race the home course!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Sparker...nice job on the mill. I think you'll be really happy with what a plan can do for you.

Buchy...great work with the 9 and negative split. Enjoy the recovery later.

Chairman

Did 10 in 1:10:55

6 easy + 3 road tempo (6:06,6:06,6:03) + 1 easy(ish)

That might have been one of my better January tempo runs. Most years I've been closer to marathon pace than actual tempo pace when doing this in January.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Chairman

20 miles done with 8 at MP. Overall pace: 7:59. MP miles: 7:30 (ran 'em faster than projected b/c I was at the indoor track).  Finished the week with 80+ miles.

Excellent.

Chairman

Hey everybody.  Awesome run for me today...I'm super excited about it.  The run was 18.02 miles, with 12x30 sec fartlek portions every mile from mile 3-14.  My overall pace was 7:44, and my last 4 miles went 7:45, 7:41, 7:36, and 7:08 (the rest of the miles were closer to 8:00, but the fartlek portion brought the avg. down).  I hope it's not annoying to share the paces, but I'm just really happy that I hit them while feeling so good.

I'm going to wait a couple of days to decide and make sure I don't have any delayed soreness (especially after another weekly PR of 88.2 miles), but I think next week I'm going to race a 5k on Saturday.  It'll still be a cutback week in terms of mileage and intensity, but I think that makes it a good time to fit a race in.  I hesitate a little to do it just because of my past history, but I keep hearing that I would get a lot of benefit from using more races as sharpening efforts.

Some strong training for you once again. I think the 5k is a good idea. It's great cardiovascular work and a nice change of pace (literally and figuratively).

runmomto3boys

Scrape: Some ridiculously good running yourself today!  I can't fathom running tempo miles at that pace!  Well done!!!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Some strong training for you once again. I think the 5k is a good idea. It's great cardiovascular work and a nice change of pace (literally and figuratively).

Yep, tis what I'm thinking too. It should be a nice PR as well. Good to see you post a nice run without the ankle trouble. I hear ya on trying to run fast in Jan.

Luke79

SRD.  I went on an easy bike ride with the kids, that's always nice.

I'm pretty much going to pick up Higdon's intermediate HM plan.  It works out great for where I'm at after my race yesterday.  I'll be doing the last 3 weeks of that plan.

Just B.S.

My 10 miles was actually 15k.......close enough!! It was too darn cold and I had run nothing but hills by

the time I got back to my street,,,,no enthusiasm for going back uphill another 1/2 kilometer and down

again to make it 10 miles even.

It was a slow 15k @ 1:40 but since I was wearing 5 layers and it was -15F with the windchill and these

elevations in meters I think I will give myself a break on the slow factor today. We ran about 2 miles of

it on trails that were purely ice and rutted snow. I almost went on my ass more than once.

Luke79

Yikes, sounds rough Beth.  GJ getting it done though.

Docket_Rocket

I'm fine, thanks.  I had a bad case of reflux and most of the stuff was coming back up because of it.  I was not dehydrated; it was not even that hot (if you ask non-Miamians, they thought they were running in hell).  Been saying that for years.

If you continue to have problems keeping food and drink down, don't hestitate to visit the ER. You need to get refueled and rehydrated.

I was also told there was a third guy being given CPR at Mile 25.  Not sure if he made it either.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

AprilRunner, great job running the 10.04.

Heidi, excellent run and weekly mileage.

Shari, awesome 12.75.

rkymtnanna, I admire how you worked running into your commute to and from the gym. What did you do there?

Tom, nice recovery run.

SIAR, what a run! I'm glad you shared your paces and happy about your accomplishment.

DaveP MI, I'm happy that your 14.1 went well.

Scott, excellent easy run.

buchy2009, enjoy your recovery run.

scrape., awesome run.

Luke, I hope that you're enjoying your well-deserved SRD.

Just B.S., you ran in -15F?!?

Weights, push-ups, and abs are done. Now, I can relaxSmile