Beginners and Beyond

Out running early SATURDAILIES (Read 36 times)

Cyberic

Just reading this makes me feel burned out. I don't know how you do it.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Done, FFS. I grabbed a car share at the base of the mountain and drove home.

Nothing coming up for a month. I'll be back to 2 workouts a week soon and gonna bump up the mileage game too.

Good thing the elevation is in meters or we'd all freak when we realized how much that is.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Both good and bad on the run today.  First it started at 7:00 am which is way too early to be out and about, but the temps were in the mid-60s so that was good. I felt great and was cruising along nicely for 6 miles, which is good, then I felt like I hit the wall so my reserves must be very low. Easier running or run-walk was fine though since I'll be doing that at NC 24 anyway, but I could have bypassed stopping to retch on the side of the trail with 2.5 miles still to go. I also thought it odd that none of the runners, cyclists, or walkers who passed me bothered to stop to ask if I was okay. I obviously made it back to the start where some members of my club took care of me until I felt well enough to drive home.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

LRB

Both good and bad on the run today.  First it started at 7:00 am which is way too early to be out and about, but the temps were in the mid-60s so that was good. I felt great and was cruising along nicely for 6 miles, which is good, then I felt like I hit the wall so my reserves must be very low. Easier running or run-walk was fine though since I'll be doing that at NC 24 anyway, but I could have bypassed stopping to retch on the side of the trail with 2.5 miles still to go. I also thought it odd that none of the runners, cyclists, or walkers who passed me bothered to stop to ask if I was okay. I obviously made it back to the start where some members of my club took care of me until I felt well enough to drive home.

That's not good. You drink some electrolytes to replace what was lost I hope?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sounds like a tough day.

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

That's not good. You drink some electrolytes to replace what was lost I hope?

I had anything I would want. This was a club hosted run and members take turns setting up the course, the water drops, and post run snacks.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Just reading this makes me feel burned out. I don't know how you do it.

And don't forget it's all on a treadmill. 

Dave

happylily

And don't forget it's all on a treadmill. 

Think of all the time that I save: don't have to think about what I'm wearing, nothing to bring with me, don't have to drive to any special location. And onemile wonders how I do it? I do it very slowly and it's really starting to get on my nerves. You fast people would all hate it, I'm sure.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010