Beginners and Beyond

Missing Penguins Tuesdalies (Read 17 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

RD for me yesterday and a double today with the group.

So where's everyone gone?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I ran 7 last night and did Pilates.  Nothing for me today except another Pilates class.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

'Morning PAD and Docket.  Running group this morning.

Happy Birthday Jill Smile

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Up early this morning, as I have a dentist appointment at 2:40 pm, so who knows how I will feel after that?   So wanted to get my run done early.  Very early apparently, as I got up at 4:30 a.m., was at they YMCA a little after 5 p.m, and got in 3 easy miles in a very nice neighborhood across from the Y.    It was pretty darn humid already, though, and the 73 dewpoint didn't help!

I'm sure the dentist will have a lot of fun with me, as I haven't gone to the dentist in about 2 years.  Bad dog, bad dog!  I probably have some cavities to fill and maybe some gum issues, oh boy....   I really need to get as disciplined with my dental appointments as I am with getting my running done.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Jill, happy birthday!

Damaris, rock the pilates!

Jerry, have a great group run.

PAD, WTG on the double!

Scotty, I hope your dental appt goes well.

4.8 done with my group this morning.  It was a crappy run, very hot and my piriformis/sciatica was really hurting.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Scotty. at your age your supposed to go 3-4 times a year.

Up early this morning, as I have a dentist appointment at 2:40 pm, so who knows how I will feel after that?   So wanted to get my run done early.  Very early apparently, as I got up at 4:30 a.m., was at they YMCA a little after 5 p.m, and got in 3 easy miles in a very nice neighborhood across from the Y.    It was pretty darn humid already, though, and the 73 dewpoint didn't help!

I'm sure the dentist will have a lot of fun with me, as I haven't gone to the dentist in about 2 years.  Bad dog, bad dog!  I probably have some cavities to fill and maybe some gum issues, oh boy....   I really need to get as disciplined with my dental appointments as I am with getting my running done.

7.8 for us on the bike path.  49* DP today, Docket.  Cool enough for your RnR race?

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Thanks Allison and Jerry!  I'm feeling old today ;-)  Though I think that has more to do with being in the middle of buying my first home rather than anything numerical.

Anyway, today I wanted to run a couple of miles, but I put it off until after errands and then it was above 85 outside.  I went down to the gym but there were no treadmills left, so I just did 10 minutes on the elliptical and called it a day.  Tomorrow starts the AM running for marathon training.  I'm awake early as it is, but I have this habit of reading all of the news and drinking coffee for an hour or so instead of running.  I guess it is time to replace that morning reading habit with morning running.

I "ran" the 10k with DH on Saturday.  He wanted lots of walk breaks because it was hot out, so that was that.

Allison, sorry to hear that you've been having sciatica issues, they sidelined me for over a month and now I'm paying for it.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Brilliant

Thanks Allison and Jerry!  I'm feeling old today ;-)   

hahaha.  You are definitely one of the youngest Penguins. Big grin  Sorry you didn't get a run in - I hope the rest of your day was fantastic!

Zelanie

Am I missing?  I just got overwhelmed with RL. You know how easy it is to skip cleaning and go running?  Well we had houseguests coming for my daughter's graduation,  so I decided to skip running and internetting to catch up on cleaning instead. And then we had the family visit and party and graduation. By then, I was behind at work and needed to catch up because the school year was ending.

So that was my life until last Friday. But things are good now. Smile Still working this summer, but part time so it should be easier.