Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies the 30th (Read 30 times)

LRB

I missed that it was your heel.  Google heel fat pad syndrome and check if any of the symptoms match. I had that at some point.  hope it's nothing too bad.

Yeah, you mentioned that last week. The remedy for it seems to be rest which I have been doing. They also suggest heel cup inserts for shoes which I have not purchased.

I've been doing a yoga type pose trying to elongate it which seems to be helping.

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, you mentioned that last week. The remedy for it seems to be rest which I have been doing. They also suggest heel cup inserts for shoes which I have not purchased.

I've been doing a yoga type pose trying to elongate it which seems to be helping.

I didn't rest, actually.  Ran through it and it lasted 8-9 months.  It's supposed to last up to 6 months so not sure resting makes it much better.  The heel cup for my work shoes worked a lot.  I just found the shoes that didn't hurt my heel and added the heel cup and wore those until the pain went away.

Ask Marjorie for more details if you need (or PM me).  She got me through it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I didn't rest, actually.  Ran through it and it lasted 8-9 months.  It's supposed to last up to 6 months so not sure resting makes it much better.  The heel cup for my work shoes worked a lot.  I just found the shoes that didn't hurt my heel and added the heel cup and wore those until the pain went away.

Ask Marjorie for more details if you need (or PM me).  She got me through it.

I could barely walk after last Friday's run through the snow and was in immense pain, so the decision to rest was basically made for me. Up until then I wasn't bothered by running at all, it was just annoying but didn't hurt.