Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES; For those of you who can (Read 50 times)

StepbyStep-SH

15 minutes on a stationary bike, then a yoga class. Really showed the difference in range of motion between my right side and left side. IF I actually get two more runs in this week, I'll have a whopping 50 miles for December. That used to be an average week. Sad

I'm looking at registering for a spring half, though, which will hopefully at least cut down on the number of days I turn off the alarm and go back to sleep.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Cyberic

Got 151, 154, 157, 161 - with that last one at my current fat old man mile PR pace of about 6:05.  IIRC you add 5 to the highest you get in such a workout to get your theoretical max - so 166.  

You add 5 to the highest reading in a 4x400 or to the highest number you get in any workout? The max HR i use is the highest value I ever saw on my HRM, and that was during a 5K, if I remember correctly, but maybe it was during a track workout... should I add 5 to that?

Drizzly 36 degrees. I should just make that my sig line to save me typing it every day. 14 miles, which got pretty tough near the end. That's a pretty long run for me these days I guess.

60 miles for the week, highest in ~3.5 months.

Dave

delicate flower

Go Rams.

<3

Go Rams.

You still could've done a better job of shutting down Russell Wilson, if you wanted to help me in the fantasy department.

Dave

No more marathons

I ran 11.  The only thing about it that didn't suck is the audio book I am listening to.

Which one?  I'm listening to Finders Keepers by Stephen King.  A good book often gets me out the door.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

You add 5 to the highest reading in a 4x400 or to the highest number you get in any workout? The max HR i use is the highest value I ever saw on my HRM, and that was during a 5K, if I remember correctly, but maybe it was during a track workout... should I add 5 to that?

Yeah, maybe I just made that up.  I've done some searching and can only find one reference to adding 5 - based on the fact that in a self paced workout you won't push yourself to the limit.

He's a leaker!

onemile

Which one?  I'm listening to Finders Keepers by Stephen King.  A good book often gets me out the door.

Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline.  My criteria for running books is that they have to be easy to listen to and keep my interest but not require too much thought.

No more marathons

Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline.  My criteria for running books is that they have to be easy to listen to and keep my interest but not require too much thought.

One of my requirements is it must be available on NC Digital Library.  Orphan Train is only available as a kindle book, no audio.

He's a leaker!

Zelanie

Ooh, I had some slow sucky runs last year listening to Orphan Train. Smile