Beginners and Beyond

Step's Marquette Marathon RR (better late than never - pics added!) (Read 100 times)

delicate flower

Very nice report, Shari.  Smile  Congrats on knocking down state #9.

<3

Great job! I think a successful race since you had pretty consistent splits & were able to finish strong. And enjoy a vacation.

(I will be living vicariously through everyone's fall marathon RR's, since I will be missing mine...keep 'em coming, people!)

Dave

Great job!

outoftheblue

What a gorgeous course!  It sounds like you ran a strong and smart race and got to enjoy a nice vacation with your family.  A win all around!  Congrats.

Life is good.

Ric-G

congrats! nice way to finish strong there at the end and good job at racing to your current fitness...heal up and enjoy the recovery.

marathon pr - 3:16

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Thanks for the write-up! It was a good RR to read. Smile It must have been a good feeling to know that even though training hadn't gone according to plan, you can still pull out a good run at the FM distance.

- Andrew

LRB

Your splits show and prove you ran a strong, good race, and passing people late is a wonderful feeling!

Congratulations, did the mental demons pay you a visit at all, or were you in the zone for the duration?

StepbyStep-SH

Your splits show and prove you ran a strong, good race, and passing people late is a wonderful feeling!

Congratulations, did the mental demons pay you a visit at all, or were you in the zone for the duration?

I think because I went into it with little to no expectations, beyond finishing without destroying myself, the demons didn't have anything to play with. When I started to feel some fatigue in my hip flexors I had a mile or two of wondering when the other shoe would drop and it would go from fatigue to pain or if my glute would seize up, but when that didn't develop, I just kept moving on and enjoying the scenery.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Nice work!!! Great pics...and I think the medal is pretty cool!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Nice report and congrats! Sounds like all said and done you had a good time - which is the most important thing imo.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Very nice pics, Shari!

Congrats again.

Damaris

Just B.S.

Congrats Shari!! Another one in the books in good form!

Great job, Step!

Congrats on finishing trouble-free, and on the fun vacation.

(Also, what a strange coincidence that Marquette and Erie are both double loops on Presque Isle peninsulas in two different Great Lakes.  Cool!)

meaghansketch

Great RR and a great race!  You ran nice even splits and going in without expectations, it sounds like you were really able to enjoy the race and enjoy your whole family vacation.  Beautiful pictures, too!